"Remove all your clothes except from your boxers." He instructs and again, I obey.

"Touch yourself." He demands. I reach down to palm myself in my boxers and I groan a little, staring at the red sofa where Niall sit yesterday. I stare at it, thinking how lost and confused he looked as he sat and I thought he was gonna do a runner the minute he saw the room. I think about what I did to him with the ice cube and I groan a little again, resting my head on the mattress. The boy turns round to look at the couch, wondering what I was thinking about.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks and I stare at him, mouth open.

"What are you thinking about?" He repeats, this time a little more demanding.

"N-Niall." I admit with a stutter and I feel a hand swipe across my check. I groan and grimace and look back up at him.

"Forget about him." He replies and I sigh, throwing my head back onto the mattress. This is gonna be a long night.

--

I pace the length of the kitchen floor, my phone in my hand. I'm debating whether to call Nadine or not. Today is the day I find out. Today is the day I find out whether I'm having a boy or a girl. In all honesty, it doesn't seem to matter to me. Because I don't want it. I don't want that thing she's carrying inside her.

She wants me to go with her. I don't want to go but I know that I should.

I end up dialing her number and it takes a few rings for her to pick up.

"Hi, Harry."

"I'll come with you, Nadine. To the appointment." I assure her. I can tell that she's almost beaming at the other side of the line.

"Really? You have no idea how much that means to me."

"I'll pick you up in half an hour." I tell her and end the call. I know it was a bit short and blunt but she needs to get the message. I need to let her know that I'm not always going to be there for her.

I pick her up as decided and take her to the hospital. We're told to wait a few minutes in the maternity patient area where we were met by an awkward silence. There's one or two pregnant couples sitting nearby but they look a lot more happy than we do. I watch a husband talk his wife's belly, cooing fondly as if it's the most precious thing in the world and I can't help but grimace. I sigh and look down at my feet, my hands clasped in my lap.

"So what made you come?" Nadine asks curiously, peering at me.

"It just seemed like the right thing to do." I shrug in reply. Nadine leans back against the plump chair and doesn't say anything after that.

"Nadine Leopold?" A nurse calls and we're up off our seats in seconds. We follow the nurse into the ultrasound room where a curtain is halfway pulled around an examination bed, an sonogram machine sitting next to it.

"Okay, Miss Leopold. If you don't mind lying down on the bed and hiking your top up and inch, we can get started." The nurse instructs and Nadine obliges. I sit down next to her and sonogram screen loads up a fuzzy, black and gray image as the nurse squirts some gel onto Nadine's belly. Nadine was showing, but only by a little bit. The bump was protract over the waist -band of her jeans.

A funny shape started to form on the screen, developing as the shape of a fetus. A head, chest, stomach, hands...toes. I immediately look down, turning my gaze away. I clasp my hands under my chin and press my elbows on the edge of the bed.

"Would you like to know the sex of the baby?" The nurse asks.

"Harry?" Nadine calls and I look up at her. In return, she's giving me a hopeful expression.