andrea tilted her head in confusion. attorney? they had an attorney?

charlie nudged her, a grin on his face as the door creaked open.

"dean buckley, members of the board," holy crap, coach bombay was their attorney! "as counsel for coach orion and the freshman hockey team, i'm here today to set forth your legal options, so that you may make the best possible decision for all parties concerned."

andrea squeezed charlie's hand again, grinning up at him. she leaned in to whisper, "i could kiss you right now."

he smirked. "you totally should."

she shook her head. "maybe after, when we're not in front of these old poops trying to kick us out of school."

dean buckley cleared his throat confusedly. "mr. bombay, this isn't a legal proceeding."

"not yet," bombay said. "but i can assure you that it will be. these scholarships... an offer, became a binding contract upon the signatures of the recipients, and acceptance by the ducks. they cannot be voided except for cause, which, i guarantee you, you have none."

andrea leaned back in to charlie. "i've never loved coach bombay more than i do right now."

"you're breaking my heart, drea. we've been together for less than a week."

she smiled, holding in her laughter as coach bombay continued. "should you decide to pursue their cancellation, i will slap you with an injunction, i will tie this matter up in court for years, until long after these kids have gone on to college; and i will collect damages."

"i will win. because i am very, very good. you know why i'm so good? because i had a good education, and you gave it to me, and you're gonna give it to these kids."

from charlie's other side, coach orion said, "he is good."

"just getting started." charlie replied.

"now, some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that these ducks don't belong at eden hall. let me tell you, you are dead wrong." bombay said. "these are remarkable young people. you give them their full shot, and i promise you they will succeed, not only on the ice, but in the classrooms as well."

his eyes met with andrea and charlie. "these people are my friends, and i know what they can do. accordingly, i demand that you reinstate their scholarships, for their benefit, and for your own."

coach orion shook bombays hand as the board members looked around at each other.

finally, one of them spoke up. "i move... that the scholarships be reinstated."

andrea grinned. "is there a second?" dean buckley hesitantly asked.

slowly, a few more began to raise their hands, and soon, all of the board members were in favor.

"scholarships reinstated." buckley announced.

the ducks began to cheer, and andrea threw her arms around charlie's neck as he spun her around in a hug. she really wished the old people would leave so she could finally kiss her boyfriend.

as charlie put her down, she ran to coach bombay, wrapping him in a hug.

"i was serious, andrea. nobody deserves this more than you guys; more than you." he said.

"thank you, coach." she mumbled.

the ducks began to file out of the room, everybody following after them. coach bombay gave a quick goodbye, promising that he'd be back soon.

the varsity team was quick to follow them, rick stopping them with his goons behind him. "congratulations on destroying our school."

"it's our school, too." kenny said.

"it's everyone's school, you buffoon." andrea scoffed.

rick shook his head. "no, it'll never be your school. don't you get it? you're our own little affirmative action, brought in for color to entertain us, but you couldn't even do that. your fancy lawyer kept you in on a technicality, but you'll never belong."

cole chimed in from behind. "you'll never be anything more than a bunch of rejects here on a free ride."

"free ride? look at you, rich boy!" russ said. "mummy and daddy gave you everything, huh?"

"hey, jv-varsity games on friday. then we'll show the whole school what a joke you really are. then maybe you'll leave on your own. it'd be the... only honorable thing to do."

"you know we're gonna hurt you." cole added in. andrea rolled her eyes; like anyone was scared of cole, who was still in grade nine english class.

charlie threw an arm over andreas shoulder. "you guys had an unfair advantage last time. you had some of us; banksie and drea."

"oh, well, keep 'em. they never had the hearts of a warrior anyways."

andrea leaned in close to rick, staring him in the eyes. "maybe we're here on a free ride, riley. don't forget that, cause it's the only ride you'll be getting." she pushed past him, charlie's gaze on her as she walked off.

he patted rick on the shoulder. "and yeah, that is my girlfriend." with that, he followed after her.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

WE BACK!!! thank you for all the votes and comments, that's what motivates me to come back and write for u guys when i'm having writing block (i know it's been like a year but i'm gonna blame it on writers block😊)