part 2

The blue of his eyes: the poison and the cure.

'Earth to Emilia'

'Oh, sorry. Ahh...You were saying?'

'Nothing' Wylan supplied, following Emilia's frequent gaze to Five's table, a gaggle of chortling idiots. 'Anyone in mind?'

'Not at all' she snapped.

'Right, right' Wylan replied sarcastically, forking around his last chicken nugget.

'Okay, so I might be interested in someone..'

'Who?' he snapped.

'Him, with the pink sneakers' Emilia confessed.

Wylan angled her head at the crowd's feet.

'Really?That guy?'

Emilia nodded meekly, entranced still by the pitch of his laugh.

'I thought I was ugly' Wylan continued 'But then I saw him'

Five looked up.

Emilia, taken aback, mouthed 'hi' before narrowing in on her mashed potatoes, flushing the color of strawberry milk.

'Just great' she signed.

'Indeed' Wylan said.'Ahh...Emilia?The goons still staring.At you'

Emilia pivoted her head to the opposite direction.

'He's stirring'

'Hi, you're Emilia right?

His voice.His smooth temple, artistic eyebrows and cupid-bow's mouth.

'Yes'

'Yeah, I was wondering if I could replace the photo I gave for the graduation showcase?My friend in the picture wasn't comfortable with being in it. I know: dumb, right?'

'Ahh, I guess it wouldn't hurt..?Just send the picture you want to Emilia Patty on outlook.'

'Cool, thanks!'

'No problem'

As Five turned around, Emilia mustered her fleeting fortitude.

'Wait'

'Yes?'

Emilia approached him and dropped her voice so even eavesdropping Wylan couldn't hear.Now, they were inches apart.

'You weren't in the mirror in the back' she exclaimed '...And I thought I was the only one who knew that trick'

Emilia drew the words precariously like a sheath sensing its presence might tip the sail.

Five's eyes widened. 'It seems I've forgotten the trick.Maybe you could teach me, in Health? You and my buddy could switch, its the back of the class so no one will probably notice'

His eagerness was everything to have wished.

'Of course. I look forward to it'

Five departed.

'Well?' hissed Wylan.'The hell were you two on about?'