3-2: Battle against a Proper Dragon (Spider 50)

Start from the beginning

Majikku: Too bad the Fire Dragon won't wait for that to happen.

We barely dodge the claw slash after the tail sweep.

The Fire Dragon, now alarmed, backs off to put distance between us.

It then roars at us.

Karada: "Come on! It's that all you got?! Scaredy cat!"

Majikku: Don't jinx it! Damn it!

Too late, [Detection] is telling me that the Monsters hiding from us are starting to make their way here.

This is probably due to the [Command] Skill the Fire Dragon has.

It's an evolved form of the [Leadership] Skill the Fire Wyrm had, the Monsters trust the Fire Dragon even more, enough to act against their Fear of us.

Majikku: Nai wa, now we have even more to deal with, thanks Karada.

Karada: It's gonna happen anyway now that the Fire Dragon is not holding back at all.

We still have time before the reinforcements arrive, not that I am confident we can win the fight before then.

Majikku: We just need to get enough [Paralysis Shot]s through to win with [Paralysing Evil Eye]. We can still do this!

And so Majikku unleashes a barrage of [Paralysis Shot]s at the Fire Dragon.

Unfortunately, between the [Dragon Scale] boosting Resistance and the [Flame Cloak] armour, the [Paralysis Shot]s burn up before they ever reach the body and even if they did, they would do jack shit.

The Fire Dragon doesn't need to dodge at all.

Karada: Well that sucks. Can we even damage this guy?

Majikku: I doubt any normal Magic will work when it has that [Dragon Scale] plus [Flame Cloak] combo. But [Abyss Magic] may be strong enough to punch through.

[Curse Evil Eye] is working, but we will collapse from exhaustion long before it goes down.

Majikku: And yet, we are stuck on the defensive again. Worse still knowing we are running out of time before its backup arrives. We better start preparing some backup plans.

The Fire Dragon then soars up into the air and prepares a [Fire Dragon LV7: Flame Breath].

Maximise the volume of [Weak Poison] and minimise the damage and side effects!

We are gonna block the attack by hiding in the Poison!

Karada: On it!

Just as the flames touch the area, destroying the terrain and turning it into a new magma sea, we make a huge ball of [Weak Poison] and jump into it.

The aftermath of the attack started to evaporate the Poison shelter, so we hurriedly made our way to the ceiling with an [Energy Conferment]-boosted thread.

Despite avoiding a direct hit, we still took a lot of damage from the heat alone.

Karada: I know we don't want to be looked down on, but yeesh, at least give us a chance to fight back.

We need to get to solid ground! Start running!

So we booked it to the nearest land, running desperately on the ceiling.