chapter 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Put your body into it!"

"Right, okay," Brian chuckled with a nod. "Put my body into it. I got it."

"Not like that!" Freddie objected when he saw Brian sway his hips a bit.

"No, I got it. I got it. Bit more soul, yeah?"

"Alright. Give it more heart."

"I'll do that. We good to go? Roy, you good?"

Deacy leaned over the side of the sofa to turn the music on as Freddie spoke up, "Oh, and then there's the operatic section." Brian went silent, blinking erratically as Freddie clapped his hands. "You're gonna love it."

"The operatic section?" Brian repeated.

The singer shrugged, "I know, it sounds crazy."

"I love it, Fred. I love it-."

"-I don't know. It could be a flop. It could work-."

Brian suddenly leaned right into the mic, his voice louder through the speaker, "I love it!"

Freddie let out a laugh. "What have we got to lose?"

"Nothing," Brian smiled.

"If you say so."

"Okay, let's go," he challenged.

"Deacy," Freddie called, and the bassist turned the recorded music back on. 

The next morning, you watched in slight horror and barely contained amusement as your boyfriend sang. His voice was incredibly high-pitched, a must for this song, according to Freddie. "Galileo, Galileo,

Galileo, Figaro! 

How was that?" he questioned.

"Freddie?" Deacy called as he watched the singer silently think to himself. 

He looked up at his name, before demanding, "Higher."

RT pressed the rewind button as Deacy asked, "Can you go a bit higher?"

"If I go any higher, only dogs will hear me," Roger snapped.

"Try," Freddie urged.

"Freddie's note. Sorry," Deacy shrugged.

"Oh, go on, roll the tape," the drummer sighed.

"Uh, overdub 24 of 'Fred's thing'," RT said into the mic. The music began playing again, before Roger continued.

"Galileo, Galileo,

Galileo, Figaro!

How was that? Better?" he asked. 

"Higher," Freddie said.

Brian raised his pen in the air, repeatedly pointing upwards as you made scaling gestures with your hand. "Jesus! How many more 'Galileos' do you want?" Roger questioned.

"Freddie wants to do a few more overdubs," Deacon answered.

"Do we even have any tape left?"

"I do have to say the tape is wearing out. It can't take much more."

"Yeah, we can't afford much more," Brian corrected. "We're already three weeks over schedule."

Uh, dub 26 of 'Fred's thing'."

"One more, one more," Deacy reassured. 

"Galileo, Galileo,

Galileo, Figaro!"