A stronger Training regiment?

Start from the beginning

(Meanwhile: Mito beach, outside Tochiman Inn.)

Taio: Just take whatever I say as a warning. There has to be at least one person being done with you because of that and you gotta be careful. Try making up your own words for once. It won't make sense from the start but it will somehow.

Yui: Thanks a lot.

Chika: It's getting late. We should be going back.

Ruby: Chika-chan! Yui-chan! Taio-kun...

Chika: Oh Ruby! Is that....

Ruby: Here's the training schedule Kanan made. She wanted to invite the Pretty cures this time around as a sign of Combat Training. Actually, I came here to talk to Taio. Just him and me.

As Taio stood up in confusion, I saw Chika picking Yui and dragging her back to her house. I saw that as an opportunity for myself as I mustered up my feelings for him.

Taio: What is it, Ruby?

As Taio walked up the sandy slope to a stony platform, I ran and warped my arms around him, face down as what I did with my sis when I am sad. It's as hard as a rock but I can still hear his heart beating. He wasn't expecting a sudden hit like that as he looked at the sudden gesture. Later on, I started to cry again not caring about the number of tears flowing down his shirt.

Ruby: You are from another world, you and Nia...I understand, but I can't do this. I want to be with you. I want to support you until you graduate at least.

Taio was taken aback as I told him this. Gripping his shirt tighter, I glanced at the ground below us, as I started to overthink.

Ruby: You have been my support since my childhood and even now as Taio. I wanted to thank you and help you as much as you helped me...so that you won't go back to Sodor.

Taio: Ruby...

Ruby: You're going back once the fighting's done...You're going to be sent home. You're going to be gone!

Taio: So that's what you're worried about...

I heard his soft voice as I broke down and cried. He helped return the embrace as I felt his comfort. I never thought I would break down in front of a boy, let alone one I have met for months.

Taio: You could have told me that sooner...but why now?

Ruby: It's because...I love you Taio, I never thought that I would have feelings for the first boy I made friends with. You were such an idiot from the outside but your time in the human realm made me see your true colours.

Then, he went silent and held me tighter, leaning me closer to his heart beating, which was faster than last time. I took that chance to look up and see his red face. He looked like he was about to cry. But this wasn't his first time hearing such things, Was he nervous? After what seemed like a long time, I saw his lips curve into a smile and he made eye contact with me.

Taio: Never thought I'd heard something like that, even from a cutie like you.

The first time I heard that phrase I freaked out. But now it felt different, it felt like it was meant to be. I spent my whole life running away from social interaction and being stuck in my comfort zone, now I just want to stick close by and warm up to others. Maybe the opposite gender.

This...this is my first love.

I closed my eyes and helped him stabilise his heartbeat with a hug. For a moment, the world around us blinks out of existence.

Our brains only work when we let go. As a gesture of sorts, he offered to send me home since it was getting late. I agreed and I saw that he still had that soft expression on his face.

When we stopped in front of my home, I turned to Taio and we exchanged our goodbyes, promising to see them tomorrow. After we did, Taio took one step towards me and kissed me on the cheek.

He then said goodbye and walked away only to look back at me and realise what he just did. Then he ran as fast as he could.

Dia saw what happened and smiled sarcastically at him as he dashed away midpoint.

Dia: Bold move, Taio.

I guess maybe he was walking back casually to Chika's house but ran when he saw Dia. I guess he was kinda new to the "couple" thing but not forgetting. We are both idols in our own way. And idols revealing their relationship status is rare and really risky to stay through if they only use it for clout. But to us, our own identities are what brought us together and helped us see an opportunity we never thought we take alone.

I'm glad you heard my feelings well, Taio.