Chp 9 - Ride of a Lifetime

Start from the beginning

Sharp bullets shot out of Berdly's tip of his axe. Each in a trail that aimed for each of the teams' soul. To which each avoided barely. Another trail of his attack was shot multiple times, but the Lightners dodged it.

The teams bumped into Berdly's coaster.

Berdly shows Queen his card collection! Queen escaped successfully. Y/N watched. 'Didn't Berdly know that Queen doesn't care about him? She's just using him,' Y/N pondered. She felt a little bad that he was getting manipulated.

"Kris..you are truly depraved. Playing in the mud with the class hellion," he continued mocking them. "What did you just call me?!"Susie snarled. "I'm just saying the truth is all," Berdly grinned. "Oh, once I get my hands-" "Susie!" Ralsei gasped. Susie groaned. "Fine..fine, I'll just give him a 'little' pat..that's all," she said darkly. Ralsei gave an exhausted sigh. Susie may be a pacifist now..but her temper still didn't fade away. It almost made Y/N giggle. And just like Susie, as much as she was trying to spare everyone, she didn't want to hear Berdly's mocking voice. Berdly attacked his windy tornados again.

By now, Berdly's coaster was smoking at the back. That doesn't look good. Yet, Berdly didn't seem to mind that he was starting to look like he was in a bad position however.

Either way, the whole gang bumped into Berdly's ride.

"But Kris, I am a kind and brave hero! If you come to our side..you may be a slightly less distant No.3!" Berdly offered a not so great deal.

"Haha..slightly," he snickered. 'Kind?' Y/N retracted as she was not impressed.

After Berdly's attack, his cart was fuming even more. "Uh..dude, maybe you should stop now. Your ride ain't looking so hot right now?" Susie told him. "Pretty sure it's breaking," Y/N added. "What? My car is breaking!?" Berdly exclaimed. He looked around, panicking, but when he looked back to the Lightners, he brushed it off. "Fools! This is Smart Smoke! It means my car is getting stronger!" Berdly laughed. 'I highly doubt that.'

"Ha! Go ahead, 'bump' me, you bumpbarians," he taunted the four. "I'll show you 'bumper cars' is a game of INTELLECT, not skill!" He attacked with his axe again, but it was all predictable at this moment. A small addition was added to attack however. Once he shot his attack, small drones followed afterwards, nearly hitting their soul. Y/N could see him faltering, noticing that none of them were hit. He looked annoyed as hell.

Suddenly, the rollercoaster took a harsh turn, and then, it went down. Y/N felt like screaming as she felt her stomach doing flips. The wind rushed through quickly, as the rollercoaster went down. Y/N held a strong grip on the sides of her cart. "WOOOOOOO!"

Y/N could hear Susie let out a sound of exhilaration. "AHHHHHHH!" And she could hear Ralsei's scream.

The city looked different now. Were they on the other side of the city? The fountain still flowed in the distance still. They were still an adventure's trek away.

"Partake, Kris! The zephyr punishment!" Right, the battle. Y/N almost lost her focus after that. Kris ordered everyone to bump into Berdly. Smoke roared behind Berdly's cart.

Berdly summoned those tornadoes again.

Not a scratch was inflicted on the Lightners however. Kris's coaster bumped into Berdly's until a troubling sound came from Berdly's coaster.

"W-What..? My coaster, it's-!" Berdly said in a state of shock. "Wh-What! That's not fair!!!" Berdly yelled in disbelief. He then turned towards Queen, who was relaxing in her flying chair, sipping on that green-liquid drink. A high pitched sound came from Berdly's cart. "M-My Queen..Save me!!" He begged.