on ancient entities

The wings on which the hawk soars carry a beautifully intricate galaxy that glitters and shifts, the edges of its darkness fading into the feathers of the majestic bird.

What colour is it? you ask, as you watch the entity's feathers shift into colours that stretch your mind and fill your eyes with tears as you attempt to understand the multitude of hues that the bird adorns.

It wears a cloak that will drive your mortal mind to insanity should you continue trying to comprehend it, I reply dryly.

You hum in acknowledgment as your eyes hungrily devour the birth and death of stars flashing across the galaxy, the feeble light barely reaching out before the darkness swallows it.

The hawk dives with a call that leaves you flinching, frozen as blood wells and flows down from your ears in rivulets. The light in your eyes dim and flicker, and I nearly step forward in concern before they steady and clear. You blink, heartbeat slamming a constant beat into your ears, and open your mouth to speak.

A thin trickle of blood comes out instead.

You still, and as if on cue, your eyes roll back in your head and you collapse in a heap on the ground—or you would have, if I had not caught you before you fell.

So fragile, I mused. yet so...unique. Humans are selfish and arrogant and violent, but this one seems...different. It piqued my interest greatly.

I suppose she could stay for a while longer, I decided.