Chapter 1 ~ Third portal of hell.

"Are you ready for another nightmare?"

You weren't, but you knew backing away now wasn't an option. Bierce towered over you, a triumphant look in her eyes. She had you under her thumb, you couldn't disobey her. Behind you another portal unchained itself, revealing the face of a man, wearing a old fashioned hat. You looked over your shoulder at Bierce, she only motioned for you to get it on with. Taking a deep breath, you stepped through the portal.

You ended up in the long red and black hallway once more. Walking forward, you had just enough clarity in your exhausted mind to stumble backwards, narrowly avoiding falling in a deep pit of spikes.

"Talk about a road block, fall in there and we both know how you'll end up."

You took another deep breath, trying to calm down from your near death experience. Imagining how you could have ended up, you cringed. Bierce spoke up once more, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"I have something for it, get back to the altar."

You gladly did so, speed walking back out the hall, through the portal. Bierce stood waiting there for you, an amused look on her face. She gestured to the altar and you approached it. Your tablet lit up, and you noticed another symbol in the corners. "Go on, off with you," you held in a insulting retort, and climbed back through the portal.

Using your new ability, you teleported across the first pit. You struggled to regain your balance, stretching out your arms. When you finally stood steady, you teleported again, this time stumbling to the ground. Catching your breath, you walked out of the hall, facing the next threat.

"Keep your eyes open love, the statues in this place are awfully lifelike."

You didn't like that sentence one bit. You stood in front of a fountain, a set of stairs leading to a gate. Climbing up, you pushed the gates open. The two brick walls on each side of you had phrases written all over them. On closer inspection they all boiled down to the same sentence.

'Never look away.'

Your mind immediately went to weeping angels. Certainly there were none of those here, you'd hope. You reached the end and pushed open the other set of gates, leading to a garden.

"I wonder who does the landscaping here, very impressive."

In the center of it stood a pedestal. A male figure was standing on it, saluting you. Squinting your eyes, you noticed it was indeed a statue. With your heart sinking in your shoes, you came closer to it. It was a solid gold statue, dressed in fancy 18th century attire. A large wretched smile was spread across its face.  You decided to quickly walk past it, only to hear a chuckle. Spinning around, you saw the statue had turned to face you once more. Backing away, you quickly turned and walked through the final gates, only to have them shut behind you. The statue on the pedestal was gone. You heard a man laugh. And Bierce warned.

"In case you were wondering, those footsteps are getting louder."