𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘹𝘪.

Start from the beginning

"Why?"she asked, although she already knew the answer.

Jack came up behind her, and snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his chest. "— I'm your husband, and as much as it pains me to say it, I think your not your best right now, maybe talking to a professional like Dr Collins will do you a little bit of good, if not for me, for our little Arthur"

Harper pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Do you know what exactly happened to her?"

"Pardon?"

"I mean, all Margaret told me was that she got ten stitches, I think it was. Do you know where they were? I couldn't see any when she turned up at the pool the other day"

Dr Collins let out a laugh, it came across as natural. "You wouldn't want me sharing
details of your treatment with other patients, would you?"

Harper watched as he wrote something down on his small notepad. "—I'm going to prescribe you the same pills I have you before"

Month old Arthur made a small cooing noise, directing all the attention in the room over to him, his balled his hands up and brought them closer to his face, doing an adorable baby scrunch.

Harper fixated her eyes back on the Dr. "I'm sorry if that's what you think Dr, but I don't think I need those. They make me groggy, I can't be acting that way when I have a baby to look after"

"They're precautionary, to keep you calm"

"How long would she have to take them?"Jack cut into the conversation. "—just a few days?"

"Do you think it could be something in the water?"

The room fell silent.

A beat passed, before Dr Collins made his voice known. "The water?"

"Or perhaps it was the air? You know, the things the cause the earthquakes"She continued on.

Dr Collins stared at her, he pushed the glasses framing his face up the bridge of his nose and let out a small noise of disapproval. "— Margaret asked me that same question"

Harper couldn't understand what was happening.

His voice sounded the same as it filled her ears, but it was although the atmosphere in the room had shifted.

He continued on. "She was also having trouble
sleeping. Are you having any trouble sleeping? Any bad dreams?"

"Apart from the sleepless nights, no there's been nothing like that" she paused for a second and let out soft breath. "— but I think your most likely right, it must be the exhaustion"

Dr Collins patted her knee. "We're gonna get you squared away"

He the proceeded to stand up, fixing his suit. "You and your little family stay here, whilst I go and get your medication, Nurse Collins will drive you home"

As if on Cue, Nurse Collins, the wife of the doctor waltzed into the room, she was smiling happily as she locked eyes with Harper.

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝙰𝚂 𝙸𝚃 𝚆𝙰𝚂
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

𝓣he car was stationary in the parking lot.

Her window was open slightly so that she could get a bit off fresh air as she sat in the back next to her son, Nurse Collins appearing in the front seat, adjusting herself.

Jack came into her view, walking next to the Doctor, she sat up when she saw the look on his face.

She couldn't properly describe what it was, but it appeared...angry?

She unrolled the window a little bit more to try and hear what the two of them were talking about.

"Your being reckless." She heard the voice of dr Collins speak.

"It's not necessary!" The familiar voice of her husband filled her ears.

What wasn't necessary?

Nurse Collins turned on the engine, makiNgl Harper instinctively look over at he car seat to make sure Arthur didn't wake up from his afternoon nap.

She wiped her hands over her skirt, finding them now sweaty for no particular reason.

All she knew is that she needed to get out of this car.

It was all becoming to much for her to handle anymore.

She used her slightly chewed nails to try and pry the car door open, only to find it locked and the nurse staring at her through the rear view mirror. "Excuse me, nurse, I need to hop out for a second, get some fresh air"

"Dr Collins said I was to take you home straight away"She smiled pleasantly.

Harper tan a stressed hand through her hair. "I'm sorry, but I need to speak to my husband urgently"

The olive toned girl attempted to open the car door once again.

Nurse Collins just smiled. "—rest and relaxation, that's what you need"

"You don't understand...please just let me out, I need Jack...I need my husband"

"Doctors Orders!"

The nurse revved the engine and sped out of the car park, Harper turning around in her seat, looking out the back window as her eyes locked on Jack and the doctor, who were still arguing, as they're figures got smaller and smaller in the distance.

┏━━━━ ★ ━━━━┓
𝙰𝚂 𝙸𝚃 𝚆𝙰𝚂
┗━━━━ ★ ━━━━┛

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 !

𝘩𝘪 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘴!

𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘶𝘱𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵, 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥.

𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭 <3

𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘪𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯!

𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦🤍