Part 7

Neil.
I was almost drifting into sleep when a notification chimed. What the he*k! Wait! Is it Avni? Suddenly I felt all my cells  awake and alert.
"Yes... yes.. she accepted! Whoohoo.."
I hooted forgetting about the surroundings.
"Shut up. Sone do.(let me sleep)"
DD said stirring in sleep.
"Neil... what was that?"
Ali asked appearing in front of me out of blue.
" You didn't sleep?" I asked him.

Ali looked at me with a lopsided smile.
"What were you doing hiding from me?"

"Nothing. I just won a game. That's it" I shrugged.

"Abey... I heard what were you screaming.  She accepted huh..? " Ali collapsed to the seat nearby.

"Fine! She accepted my follow request. What now? Go and sleep man."
I was losing my patience.

"What now? Go and sleep? How rude! You got a chick and now I  am no longer your friend? So mean! " 

I threw a death glare on Ali. " You two were the ones discouraged me and teased me saying she is not interested. What were you saying 'take the hint.. take the hint' right? Now you see... she is interested and I need some privacy. "

Pushing Ali aside I went near the compartment door.

Hi
I typed. She is online.
Hi.
She replied. Now I am on cloud nine. I feel that I am flying in the wind. 1 month and 3 weeks! Freaking 1 month and 3 weeks I have been dying to talk to her finally she is here.
***
Avni

Now what will I say? I should tell him about the dare, right?
I took a deep breath and typed.

That day in restaurant  it was a stupid dare. Plz don't get me wrong.

Huff... I sighed typing the long sentence.   Does it sound too formal? Whatever!

Cool. I get that. & I 'm sorry too. If I made you uncomfortable.

Oh! He is very easy person.

It's fine.  By the way, your singing was amazing.

Would he think I am a flirt? But he is really an amazing singer.

Thanks. You like old hindi songs?

Yes and tareef karoon kya uski is my favourite.

Mine is Lag ja gale.
.......

"Wake up! "
What is this shouting? I felt someone shaking me violently. Is it an earth quake? I opened my eyes in shock and there stood Vid with a teasing smile.
"What the he*k? This is how you wake up someone?
I was irked very much.
"Trust me, you do the worst and this was my revenge time."
Vidyut gave me a winning smile. I smacked his face with a cushion and got out of the bed.
"By the way, what made you up so early?"

"I am not early sweetheart you are running late."

He showed me his watch and I was blown away.
"It's 9 AM ! Hey is this your stupid prank?"
I couldn't believe it and ran to the window to check out side. No way! It is bright outside.
"God... why can't you come earlier " I ran to the bathroom grabbing my towel.
I could hear Vid laughing out loud. I will see him later.
***
I reached college 15 minutes late for our first lecture. I don't know how I managed to freshen up and get ready so fast. But, this idiot Vid was giving me a tough time by riding the bike in the speed of a tortoise.
"There are some traffic rules Avi. I don't want to end up in police station."
He said when I asked him to speed up.
He is doing this intentionally so that he can blame me in front of everyone for being late.  Brutus!"

Thankfully our lecturer for the first hour didn't turn up and I could calm myself for some time. I put my hands inside my bag to grab my phone.
"Oops! I forgot my phone at home." 
That's when Riya came to me.
"Hey, you didn't do your hair today? You look messed up. Come on I will help you."
"If you want to help get me something to have. I skipped my breakfast Ri.."

Riya looked at me as if I have horns on my head.
"Really? Vidyut told me that you didn't freshen up today because you slept till 9 in the morning. "
"Liar. I did freshen up. Where is he?"

"Oh he already left for practice. Come, let's go canteen. "
Riya pulled me to canteen.
***
Neil.
"DD, Ali, we are here. Get up."  I called my friends putting my bag on my back.
Both jolted up and grabbed their luggages.
"How come you got up first?"
DD asked in surprise.
"He might not have slept last night." Ali said yawning.
I hurriedly moved out. I don't want a teasing session here.

"Is Ali saying truth Neil? Did you chat with Avni?"
DD came running after me.

"Yes. We did! You have a problem?"

"Really?" DD asked again. He is testing my patience.

"Why ? Only you have the right to chat with girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend? Over a night? " Ali looked at me bewildered.

I rolled my eyes at my friends. "Come on let's get a taxi. We need to reach for audition. "

In the taxi, I aquired the passenger seat near driver to avoid my friends. It's 10 AM.  I took out my phone from my pocket and checked if there is any message from Avni. No! The last message was our good night message we send 5 hrs ago. Yes we talked till early morning.  We talked about anything and everything below the Sun. Actually we didn't realise we had been talking this long. When I noticed the light of early morning I told Avni to go to bed. She had to go college. She was freaking out thinking she has only few hours left to go to college. She is cute. 

"Ali, someone is smiling for no reason. "
I heard DD. Then only I realised I was smiling. I swiftly put on a serious face and typed a good morning message to Avni.

"If someone is smiling for no reason he might be mentally ill. " Ali taunted.  I decided to be quiet and slipped the phone inside my Jean's pocket.
***
Avni
"What?" Riya squealed in excitement.
"Will you shut up?" I looked around checking if we caught someone's attention.
"For God sake, can you keep calm? This is canteen. " I scolded Riya.
"Sorry.. " she said with a puppy face. "But, I can't believe you chated with him."

"Yes. I did and his name is Neil."

"Wow. There can't be other name for him than Neil. Suits him well." Riya said with dreamy eyes and I felt something burning inside me.
" You are jealous already?" Riya grinned.
"No.. I'm not." I braced myself. Riya laughed more.
"Just kidding darling. Let me guess, you both talked so long. Right?" Riya raised her eyebrows.
I felt my cheeks heating up.
"And you like him?" She looked into my eyes and I evaded her eyes.

"Like? Whom?"

That voice jolted both Riya and me. There stood Vidyut beside us, all in confusion. I felt the floor below my feet drifting away.

To be continued.

Hi all,
Sorry for the delay in update.  Please vote for the story if you like it and comment your opinions and suggestions.  Thanks for reading.