Chapter 13

Here we go, a little later than I would have liked but I was working this weekend with horses, just leading them round – so it works one handed lol. As such this is sort of late, but still Monday as promised. Just late evening Monday. Whoops!

///

New Fic:

Please check out From Beyond on my profile, a new fic I created. It will be a Romcom between Blake x Jaune – and don't worry, Stress Relief has not been forgotten, it just needs more work. From Beyond is shorter in length, and as a romcom is easier for me to write. Anyway, it's almost a mix of One Good Turn and Professor Arc – so I hope you'll check it out!

///

Want to see more fics, updated more frequently – or just support me for the pleasure and enjoyable reading I bring you? Please consider supporting me on – enabling me to bring you even more fics, updated as regularly as possible! There's even a goal where I would update a chapter for a different fic EVERY WEEKDAY. That's right – 5 days, 5 fics. Daily chapters.

///

Patreon . com (slash) Coeur

///

Cover Art: Exvnir

///

Chapter 13 – Forever Fail

///

Forever Fall was a beautiful place. Untouched by humans and unspoiled by industry, the land had been allowed to grow unhindered. And it had flourished.

Named so for its appearance, the trees crowned with dark red and orange leaves, as though trapped in perpetual autumn. Loose petals and leaves rained around them, drifting through the air before they would come to settle on the ground, crunching beneath their feet as they marched between the trees.

Perhaps it was the presence of the Grimm themselves which had created this beauty. An unusual thought to have, but there was no denying that without humans interfering, nature had been able to fully claim this land.

"Make no mistake students," Glynda said from the front of their procession, "Forever Fall is as dangerous as it is beautiful." Jaune rolled his eyes from the back of the group, where he had been assigned to make sure none of the students lagged behind or got lost. The Grimm pretty much owned all of Remnant that was not within the walled cities of the four Kingdoms, so claiming the area was dangerous? That really should have gone without saying...

That said, they had landed via Bullhead over twenty minutes ago and still had yet to actually see any Grimm. Of course there were signs; trees knocked over, tracks – the usual. But no news was good news as far as he was concerned.

If only the entire day could go that smoothly.

And here I forgot to check my horoscope.

"Right then students," Glynda stopped the group, letting the teenagers fan out before her as they listened to her instructions, "our task here today is to gather sap from the trees here. The sap has various purposes, from medicine to food – and is needed by Professor Peach. Any questions?"

"Yes." Jaune said with a raised eyebrow, holding one hand up to the muffled laughter of the students.

"Professor Arc?" The blonde woman acknowledged, nodding to him.