Chapter 1

You just reincarnated. How did you come to this realization? Let's rewind a bit.

------

You are fucked. Incredibly fucked. The only thing you wanted on your birthday was to spend it with your friends and family, not being chased around by a pack of rabid dogs in the middle of the night, ALONE. How did you end up in this situation? Hell knows. You didn't even have time to react when two of those fuckers jumped out of the bush and started tailing and snapping at you. You yelp in surprise and the headphones fall off your head. At first, you held your head high until you saw the state of their bodies under the street lamp light.

You are pretty sure that those two have fought but you didn't hear shit because you like to be edgy and listen to music while taking midnight walks behind your parents back, just because you can. There's missing chunks of meat here and there, deep cuts and all, along literal trail of drool and blood on the sidewalk and if you didn't know any better, the noises they make sure don't make it better for you. 

"What the fuck?" You are visibly frowning, hands in the pocket of your hoodie, backpack still on. You stumble back in shock, almost tripping.

"Fuck this. Not today." That's what you said, but oh boy was it going to get crazier. You've never been afraid of dogs and sure as hell don't want to hurt any or run away but you decided that maybe today is a good time to swallow your pride as a freshly turned 13 year old and buck it. You decide then and there that you will no longer feed the strays, that is, if you make it home in time. 

You take all the shortcuts you know while the dogs are still behind you. You don't dare to look behind because for one, you can hear them still hot on your tail, closer than you'd like and two, you have watched enough horror movies to know that people who do this will most likely die. Right now, you regret skipping ed class all these year and do nothing but be lazy because your stamina is shit, your muscles hurt and your legs already start feeling like jelly. You almost cry tears of relief when you see the front of your home but guess what. Fate is a bitch and the Universe is sure playing shitty games on you at this point.

Just as you cross the two stray zombies manage to grab at your jeans and trip you off your feet, right in the middle of the road. The other one snaps at your hoodie and you struggle to get up in time. You are sure as hell you're going to die when you turn to face the bright light coming from your left. The last thing you see is the rabid dog biting your face while you're screaming bloody murder. You don't feel the pain when the truck driver slams into your body, killing you and the two fucks in an instant. 

The next thing you remember is the feeling of being in a different environment, warm and cozy and you want to cry in relief when you realize that you might have survived the insta-kill, except, something is wrong, very wrong.

It suddenly feels like you are being squished the longer you wait. Like you are growing and developing at an unnatural fast rate, like you're just being materialized our of thin air, or liquid. While your body is sprouting like a seed on move forward camera speed you can hear the shocked gasps and screams of what sounds like a woman. It's muffled but it's there.

Then you grow more uncomfortable as the space you are in grows tighter and your gut tells you that you need to move or else you die, again. The instinct tells finally sinks in and the moment you start to move your legs and squirm, the space gets even tighter but despite that, you feel like it's the right choice. The panic outside your confined space grows.

"H-how is this possible?! It has been 2 days and there was nothing on the ultrasound!"

"Call the doctor! Quick! "

The screams of the woman before intensify in pain and you hear it louder the moment your head pops out. Then silence. 

"P-push!"