Confusion.

After Jane had left, Dodger was left in confusion, he was stuck in a state of feelings, like a longing for something, or someone.. he sighed, fiddling with a ripple of sheet from his bed, suddenly jumping from the wooden clap of a footstep, it was Nancy, "you're woke late," she says, standing over him, "sorry Nancy, I couldn't stop thinking," Dodger says, "is it about Jane?" Nancy says quite teasingly, Dodger sits up looking at her in disbelief, how had she known?, He knew Nancy wouldn't be mad, but he was still a little shock, "well, yes." He said slowly standing to Nancy's height, she was quite tall, as he was too, but she was a couple inches taller, "I am confused, very, she held my hand, well—sort of, her hands were resting on the mattress, but her fingers were intertwined with mine," he bluffed, Nancy warmly smiled and crosses her arms, and stood closer to Dodger, "do you fancy her?" She said warmly, in a sort of whisper, Dodger paused and his eyes turned to hers, with a plain sort of pouty face, he nodded, her smile growing, mutters a little 'awe', though she noticed him looking down, he had moved his head slightly to look at the ground, Nancy put her hand on his cheek, stroking it with her fingers in a motherly act, than she gently put her hand on his head and rested it on her chest, hugging him.

Dodger felt like crying, he didn't know why, he didn't know why if it was out of pure sadness, or fear, but he felt a tear stream down his cheek and reach Nancy's skin, she felt it and muttered a pitiful 'awe', as she rested her other hand on his back, rubbing it, he wasn't bursting into tears, but quietly sniffling and gasping, his hand in a soft fist, with his fingers inward but still poking out, was gently placed on Nancy's shoulder, with his other on his own chest, tucked in, Nancy ran her fingers through his hair, he lifted his head to look at her, she had a slight comforting smile, and she ran her fingers over his cheek again, "don't worry Dodger, she won't leave, I know it," she quietly said, Dodger breathed in through his nose, "okay," he whispered, he looked down at his hands, they were clasped together gently, Nancy then suddenly softly kissed his forehead, "you should get some sleep," she said, he nodded and walked over to his bed but paused and turned as Nancy softly called his name, "yes, Nancy?" He quietly said, "I love you," She said, like a mother would, Dodger blinked and smiled at her with his eyebrows furrowed sadly, "I love you too," he said as he got into bed, she walked back out, and he dozed off.