Chapter Forty-four

Start from the beginning

"HARRY, NO!" Hermione shouts.

But It was too late. Harry slashes through the trees, down to the rocky outcrop, to the exact spot where his father appeared. Poising his wand, he looks out over the sea of Dementors on the other side of the lake.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

A wisp of silver escapes his wand, hovering like a mist, then blooms magnificently. The trees explode with light.

"It was him!"

Jaws dropped, and people were in disbelief.

A thirteen-year-old boy casted a Patronus.

The Lake blazes with reflected Fire. Harry stands utterly still, wand extended to the heavens. Across the lake, the Dementors retreat. Harry waits, still as a statue, until everyone is gone. Then he simply lets his arm drop.

James and lily smile, proud of their son.

McGonagall's jaw drops, at only thirteen he was able to cast a Patronus.

[Harry and Hermione are plunging Into Frame astride Buckbeak, Soaring toward the castle.]

Evan frowns, "That seems so fun."

"You were right, Hermione. It wasn't my dad I saw earlier. It was me. I saw myself conjuring the Patronus before. I knew I could do it this time, because... because I'd already done it. Does that make sense?"

Hermione contemplates this.

"No." She looks down in fear, "But I don't like this!"

[buckbeak lands upside the tower that is holding Sirius]

Sirius paces within a Small Cell, a man condemned. Spying Harry and Hermione, he stops. Stunned to see them.

Hermione pushes past Harry.

"Out of the way!" She raises her wand,
"Alohomora!"

Sirius tests the iron door, it's still locked.

"Didn't really expect that to work."

Hermione tries spell after spell.

"Dunamis! Liberare! Annihilare!
Emancipare! No.No.No"

"You might try—"

Hermione shushes Sirius, "Quiet! I'm trying to think."

She resumes pacing, muttering furiously, she then stops and turns.

"BOMBARDA!" She shouts, The Cell Door Rockets to the sky.

Sirius jumped up and let out a cheer. James joined in along with Remus.

Sirius laughs, "That'll do."

The screen changes to show Buckbeak spirit Harry, Hermione, and Sirius off the terrace and soar in the sky Just as Snape and Fudge reach the top of the Tower.