Season 1 episode 4, Vatos

Start from the beginning

"That is a lie. That's the biggest lie there is!" Jim said on the verge of tears causing me to look over immediately "I told that to my wife and my two boys, I said it a hundred times but it didn't matter. They came out of no where, there were dozens if not hundreds of 'em. Just pulled them right out of my hands." Jim said before smiling slightly. Lori and everyone else looked concerned as Cole finally let me go "a hoard took your family?" I asked only to receive no answer, he was staring at us "Jim-" he cut me off "you know-" 'BITCH-' "the only reason I got away was because the dead were too busy eating my family." He looked away before sighing and looking back at us. Shane scoffed "we can have a memorial? Just without their bodies. I'm sure their watching you, maybe their closer than you think" I crouched down in front of him "you believe in that bullshit?" He laughed "you can't see them, but they see you right now. It's better to make the best deductions to make them proud, show them that their deaths weren't useless." I said with a smile. Jim looked up at me and smiled back "maybe.." he whispered.

They tied him to a tree where he could calm down, Shane crouched down in front of him and talked.

I had my pistols on standby, Carls screams replayed in my head. If that deer wasn't there to distract the walker and we didn't get there sooner they all could've died, I need to be more alert.

Shane gave Jim some water. Sophia, Carol, Lori, Coral (hehehe) sat beside each other, if I had to guess I'd say they were learning from their mom's. Shane then poured some water on Jim's head, I snickered. Jim watched them "sorry if I scared your girl, and you little boy" he then turned to Cole "your boy ain't afraid of me, I ain't gonna apologize." I smiled and nodded slightly towards Jim, he did the same in return. Cole turned to me and glared before walking off 'damn, what'd I do?' I asked watching as he walked away I stood there confused as fuck. Lori turned to the book then to Jim "you had sunstroke, nobody's blaming you." Lori said "Cole is" Jim laughed but coughed "you're not scared now, are ya?" Jim asked the two other kids. Sophia looked at him "no sir." She responded simply as Dale looked over to her with a smile then she looked back to the book. Jim stared at Carl "your momma's right, sun cooked my head is all." He said but Carl ignored him "Jim, do you know why you were digging?" Dale asked "can you say?" He asked again "I had a reason, don't remember." Jim replied. Dale nodded "something I dreamt last night." He paused and looked at Carl "your dad was in it," that grabbed Carl's and Lori's attention "you were too, you were worried about him. Can't remember the rest" Jim said "I- did it feel real? Like- when you woke up, did you have a head ache or a pit in your stomach?" I asked quietly and Jim nodded 'that's how mom said whenever she dreamt about the end- the apocalypse happening.' I thought "you worried about your dad?" Jim asked "they're not back yet." Carl said simply. I walked behind him and patted his shoulder "we don't need to talk about that" Lori said before Jim spoke up again "your dad's a police officer, son. He helps people. Probably just came across some folks needing help, that's all." I glared at him "I think that's enough, Jim." But he kept talking "that man, he is tough as nails. I don't know him well but.. I could see it in him. Am I right?" Jim looked up at Shane "oh yeah." Shane replied leaning against the tree. Jim looked back at the table "there ain't nothing gonna stop him from getting back here to you and your mom. I promise you that." Jim said nodding "that part.. he's right. Zombies didn't stop him the first time when he woke up, or the second time in the city, not to mention he has Daryl, Tdog, and Glenn with him. Glenn knows his way around the city, Daryl is amazing with weapons, Tdog is great with backing people up and fighting alongside them, and Carl." I paused and looked down at him "your dads a natural born leader, maybe you are one too" Carl smiled at my comment as he looked up at me. Shane and Lori looked away "all right, who wants to help me clean some fish, huh?" Shane asked "sweet! Come on Sophia!" Carl said excitedly as he got up and followed Shane "stay with Carol, alright?" Lori said with Carol trailing behind the trio. Before I could follow them Lori grabbed my arm and stopped me, I walked back to my spot and she let go "is something troubling you?" I asked "listen y/n, your a good kid." She paused "I want you to stay with Carl, keep him safe. Even after I don't make it" she said with tears brimming in her eyes "what're you saying Lori? Your gonna make it, your gonna see Carl grow up and be a leader to the new world. It's too early to be saying stuff like this" I said grabbing her hand "you're right, but.. I have a feeling. Please protect my boy until the end." The tears fell from her eyes "always and forever" I responded before letting go "your free to go" she said as she wiped her tears. I nodded and followed the four. As I walked off I saw Lori go over to Jim and crouch down before getting back up and leave.

(Abuela came in clutch wit Glenn and the others)

Their gonna fry fish, hooray.. sea food.. MOTHER FU-

I went into my tent and grabbed the bag before walking back, everyone was eating before a thought came to mind "what if they smell the fish? And are able to track us down because of the fish smell in our breaths after?" I muttered as the others talked.

They were talking about the end of the world and Dales watch, I had the same kind. Given to me by Cole, he got me two of them. One had C and the other had my first initial, he had one with C and the first initial of our last name as well but it stood for his name. I smiled as I saw the watch around my neck, suddenly there were sounds of Amy screaming. We looked over and saw Amy being eaten I grabbed out my pistol and shot the walked in it's head "Amy!" I shouted "no no no!" Suddenly two more started walking at us, I shot one of them and stabbed the other. More kept coming, there were screams and running "mom!" Carl screamed "Carl!" Lori shouted back. Shane got his shot gun out and shot four. I kept firing trying to keep Carl and Lori safe 'fight until the end, always and forever and I'll be keeping my promise.' I thought as I turned around and shot another. The kids were screaming whilst the adults and me were fighting. Andrea kept shouting and headed for Amy while she was getting gnawed on by another walker. Tears flooded my eyes 'the day before her birthday too.' I thought before shooting a walker right in front of Andrea. Shane led us, I was in the back shooting at any walker that came our way from behind. Suddenly there were more gunshots "the guys are back!" I shouted before shorting another. Suddenly I tripped, I looked over and saw a walker grabbing my ankle. I shot the walker and got up quickly, there were three way too close to me. I aimed and shot one before pushing back another, the last one jumped onto me. I heard Carl shouting for his dad and Rick shouting for Carl. I stayed silent and I attempted to push off the walker 'can't attract more walkers, I'll attract more if I shouted.' I reached for my pocket to my knife. My arm slipped and it felt like time stopped, the walker was gonna fall right onto my neck. I closed my eyes bet nothing came, only the sounds of growling and then silence "y/n? No! Please!" It was Daryl's voice. I opened my eyes "Daryl!" I shouted seeing him on his knee's beside me. I cried and hugged him "I thought you weren't gonna come back" I said in between sobs "and I thought you weren't gonna wake back up" he said as his voice cracked. I heard a growl from behind Daryl "bitch don't ruin our moment!" I shouted grabbing my pistol and shooting it, Daryl laughed as he picked me up and walked to the RV. Once he put me down I looked over, Amy was on the ground "A-" I couldn't speak. She was laying there bleeding out and I couldn't do anything to help her. My breathing felt like it stopped "y/n?" Daryl called out "y/n breath, it's gonna be okay. There was nothing we could've done" he said before I heard Jim speak up through Andreas wails "I remember my dream now.. why I dug those holes." He said looking over at the dead bodies. I looked at them too and the tears who tried so hard to stay in my eyes started flowing like a waterfall, my breath finally released itself and it felt like a whole weight was lifted off my shoulders "it feels good to cry, don't it? Sometimes you just need a good cry, to process things." Daryl said while patting my shoulder "I don't like crying." I said wiping my tears "why tha hell not?" He asked "it makes me feel week.." I muttered as I clenched my fists "strong people can be week, and the week can be strong. Y/n, your the toughest ass kicker there ever was. Don't blame yourself for things that were out of your hands." He said poking my chest "y-yes sir" I joked in between sniffles "good, you've done good protecting those you could" he ruffled my hair "ah! Not the hair" I laughed as did he.

'I never thought I'd see this side to Daryl, best not to get used to it. It's probably a rare sight' I laughed mentally.