•March 27, 1975• Jackson 5 home Chap.6

Start from the beginning

"Kerra..." Michael said Softly.

"Well I'll leave you guys to it." Marlon said then walked out the door.

"Kerra I'm sorr-"

"Michael it's okay, I overreacted...I was just confused that's all."

"So you're not upset at me?" Michael face brightened up.

"I can never be mad at you Michael. Here I have something for you" I dug in my pocket and pulled my a ring with my name on it and a picture from the Diana Ross Special when we were singing with my face scribbled out and a heart around Michael's face.

"I really love you Michael, you may not love me, but I really love you, since day one" i admitted.

"So I want you to have this ring. Since I was younger I always wanted to give you this in person, never knew it would actually happen..." Michael then embraced me in a tight hug which I gladly accepted.

"I have to go Michael..."

"Kerra I-" I cut Michael off by kissing him longer this time which I didn't want to end.

"I'll see you around Michael..." And with that I walked out the studio, I saw Marlon and dapped him up telling him bye, then I left to go home.

MICHAEL POV - Hours passed after kerra left , I stay in as the party went on. It was currently dinner time and I was putting on some comfortable clothes before heading downstairs with the family. I looked at the ring Kerra gave me and put it on a string, as a necklace. I then here a door slam downstairs then a voice.

"I'm Home!" The sound of Joseph's voice echoed through the house and I ran downstairs. As if it was on que I heard Mother say ...

"Where's Michael ?"

"Im right here mother.." I replied taking a seat next to Janet and Tito.

I made Janet's plate for her, then mine. We all sat in silence waiting for Joseph to come to the table. There was heavy steps coming from the Studio downstairs...then a figure came around the corner and just stood there, everyone heads turned to look at Joseph.

"Who've been in the studio today?" He asked. No one said anything.

"Who've been in the Studio!?" Everyone shrugged their shoulders.

"I don't know Joseph, maybe it was someone from the party." Jermaine said, looking at me then back at Joseph.

"Michael was you in the Studio?" I hesitated at first then answered...

"No Joseph I was at the party the whole time.."

"Oh really so why did I find this sitting on the stool?" Joseph held up the picture Kerra gave me, and I just knew I was caught.

"You lying to me boy!?"

"No Joseph he's not lying...I was down there with her. She wanted me to give it to Michael but I didnt." Marlon said taking up for me.

"So you know what that means right?" Joseph asked Marlon. I felt very guilty. Marlon shook his head yes and got up followed by Joe. As the yelling went on in the upstairs room, we had to eat as if we didnt hear a thing...all because of me.

Minutes went by and everyone was finished eating and cleaning their mess. Joe then came back downstairs with that angry look plastered on his face with the picture in his hand.

"Michael, come turn this on" He yelled referring to the fireplace.

"I don't want to see her around again, YOU HEAR ME!?" He yelled.

"Yes Joseph. " I replied softly. He then nodded and through the picture in the fire and walked away...as I watched the memory burn slowly in the fire turning into ash, tears flowing down my face. I turn off the fire place...then jolting outside.

"Michael GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" Joe yelled I continued to run until I went into my art room.

KERRA POV - I never left the Jacksons residence because I didn't feel like walking all the way home. They had a empty security booth with a phone in it, I called my mom letting telling her I was at Shayla's house. I then heard yelling and footsteps running to the art room, I'm assuming it was Michael so I ran to the art room too.

I knocked on the door.

" Michael its kerra open up." It took him a couple of minutes, but he opened it. His face was puffy and his eyes were red. Was he crying?

"Kerra what you doing here?"

"I never left, too far of a walk, why were you crying Michael?"

"Joe burned the picture you gave me, and Marlon took up for me while he got in trouble.." Michael said with his head down. I took Michael's hand in mine.

"Come on let's talk"

It was currently 10:27 p.m and Michael and I were still chatting it up until I yawned.

"You tired?" Michael asked. I nodded while stretching.

"Well it's late, they should be sleep...."

"You're asking me do I want to come in?" Michael smiled then nodded.

I smirked at him.

"Okay"

To be continued...