"A few weeks ago Monet said that she could help me take Julien's title here at Constance and honestly I want to do it. Audrey will never let Max come back to me, she's too jealous and if I were queen she wouldn't be able to stop us"

"Obviously you should take it" Jamie exclaimed "Everyone has been waiting for Julien to fail at being queen, she's too soft, and she doesn't stand up when she knows something is her's. You're a Baizen, Cat, being sneaky and ruthless is in your blood"

"I'm not exactly sure that's a compliment" I laughed 

"Why don't you come to the Archibald's" she offered "It's just me and Adam right now, my mom and his dad are out eating lunch somewhere" 

"Uhm, I don't know if that's such a good-"

"Adam says it's fine, his dad is pretty chill, see you in twenty?" Jamie hung up. I honestly didn't know how this would go over, I'm sure if my dad found out he would freak but what he didn't know couldn't hurt him I guess.

About thirty minutes later I made it to The Archibald's where Adam was waiting to greet me "I knew you wanted to see me but I didn't realize you wanted it this desperately"

"That's funny" I rolled my eyes "I'm only here for Jamie so don't let it get to your head"

"Come on in," he said with a smirk. His house was amazing, it was huge and modernly furnished. My house is really nice but this was just something else. I guess it's to be expected from a kid with a father who is a legacy at our school. 

"Oh good, Cat you're here" Jamie jumped up from a sofa and gave me a hug "so tell me all about this plan"

"Yes, do tell" Adam added "I want to know how things work around here and who my queen is"

I gave him a fake laugh before turning back to Jamie "basically Monet thinks I have a lot of potentials, more than Julien has and she thinks that with everything going on Constance needs someone stable"

"Well," Jamie said sheepishly "are you sure you're stable, I mean you just got out of a relationship with Max, and your friendship with Audrey and Aki is hanging on by a little less than a thread"

"I know, I know" I sighed "but I think that this could be good for me ya know, it could help me get back on my feet"

"Listen, I know you don't know me very well," Adam said softly "but I don't think you should jump into anything while you are still in a delicate state emotionally, sure it could make things better but it could also break you" 

I shook my head a little bit "I just don't want to keep feeling this sad, it feels like a brick is just sitting on my chest and I can't get it off"

"Have you cried since the breakup?" Jamie asked me 

"Yeah, I cried the night I found out but not since then"

"I think that's the problem," she told me "you haven't truly come to terms with what's going on, I think you want to ignore it so that you don't feel even worse, but trust me, the moment you acknowledge what happened fully, you will feel so much better, I promise" 

"Adam I'm back" a voice called suddenly 

"Shit that's my dad" Adam jumped up quickly "Uhm, brace yourselves guys this could get ugly." His dad walked up the steps to the living room and looked at the three of us, I hoped that maybe his father would be understanding, after all, he had a forbidden relationship with a Buckley all those years ago

"Who's this?" he asked, "I thought it was just supposed to be Jamie"

I stood up nervously "Hi, I'm Catherine, Catherine Baizen." Adam's dad seemed to stiffen up a little bit, I could tell that he already didn't like the idea of me having been sitting on his sofa just minutes before 

"Baizen? like Carter Baizen?" I nodded a little bit 

"Yeah, I'm his daughter"

"Dad please don't be mad" Adam pleaded walking over to his father "I know you had issues with her dad but she's only his daughter, I haven't known her for long but from what you've told me she seems nothing like her dad"

I didn't like hearing people talk badly about my dad. He was a changed person now and he had only been loving toward me but to keep a good impression I said nothing. His dad didn't say anything but he just walked up the stairs to where the bedrooms are I assumed 

"Well that went well" I gave a small laugh 

"Let me talk to him" Adam quickly walked after his father and I walked over to Jamie 

"I'd better be going," I told her 

She nodded and gave me a hug "just think about what I said Cat, you'll feel so much better if you just let everything out." I knew she was right but I didn't feel like crying.

I didn't want my Chanel Mascara to run, that would just be a waste.