"Kai... please open your beautiful eyes for me" Taehyun wiped the residue from Kai's vomit off his lips.

"I-I'm..m S-sor-rry.." Kai whispered faintly, shaking due to his wet clothing and chilly whether.

"What are you sorry for baby? Hmm? You did nothing wrong" Taehyun cupped the younger's cheeks in his hands, lifting kai's face gently. A whimper of pain slipped Kai's mouth, causing Taehyun to panic again. "Beomgyu is going to come with the keys any minute now, hold on, just hold on a little bit more... we're gonna get you out of those" he held Kai's hands through the locks.

"May-be It's b-better this way..." Kai mumbled, still unable to look Taehyun in his eyes.

"Huh..?"

"that way I won't b-be able to hurt you"

Taehyun heart tugged against his chest, looking at the younger In disbelief and horror. He wondered what kind of treatment would make anyone believe that they are meant to be kept shackled.

"No! This- you.. you are not some kind of animal Kai... how could you? How can you say that?" Taehyun said, shaken to his core by the younger's words. "Kai look at me..." Taehyun cleaned the dirt from his face. "Please..." he pleaded.

"Please..." Taehyun's voice broke and he started silently crying, soft sobs escaped his mouth as he looked at the younger In expectation.

Kai opened his eyes at the sound of his angel cry. He never wanted to make him hurt, but somehow it seemed like that was all he was doing.

"Don't cry..." he said softly "Don't waste your tears on something like me, I don't deserve it"

"Stop saying that! You deserve it! You deserve every last piece of me...."

"You're hurt..." Kai's took a somber glance at Taehyun's bleeding arm, he noticed he had a small cut on his forehead too.

Taehyun chuckled softly and bitterly. "Can you worry about yourself for a change?"

"Is Soobin okay? I'm sorry for hurting him... I didn't mean to. I never meant to hurt anyone" Kai said, completely ignoring Taehyun's comments.

"Are you okay Kai-ah...? " He and the younger seemed to ignore each other's words.

"You should leave me here.." Kai pleaded.

"Stop.."

"Taehyunnie...." Kai looked straight into Taehyun's soul. A mixture of sadness, pain and fear in his eyes, making Taehyun's heart hurt like it never hurt before. "Let's t-take the easy way... o-okay?"

"No... I won't- I won't-"

"It's for the both of us...." Kai's eyes shined with tears. Taehyun wondered how he could still look so beautiful even while saying the most depressing words Taehyun has ever heard.

"Stop it..." Taehyun's hands were still holding Kai's faces, stroking his cheek back and forth.

"Maybe in another life..." Kai sent the older a hint of a smile, his voice too final for Taehyun's liking "you need to g-"

Taehyun's lips crashed into Kai's, successfully shutting him up.

Kai froze for a second before relaxing into the Taehyun's passionate kiss, a type of longing emotion filled the air as their lips connected, moving in complete harmony with one another. Kai instinctively tried to hold onto Taehyun's waist, his chains made a loud clicking sound, keeping his hands locked above his head, he whimpered.

Taehyun pulled away slowly, a worried look on his face.

"It's okay.. " he stroked Kai's arms softly "it's okay.. we'll be able to hold each other soon I promise." He pecked Kai's lips again, dabbing the younger's half dried tears with the pads of his fingers.

Kai's heart filled with warmth he had never felt before. The type he would kill to feel again. A touch so gentle he thought he would never get to experience. Never got to hear words so kind, said not to manipulate, but to comfort him.

"I ruined your clothes.... mm' sorry" he mumbled his words, fatigue came over him as well, suddenly aware of the abuse his body had suffered through, the dull pain in his body felt more present and intense. The sharp sour stench from the mess he had made came shooting through his nose, worst when he realized he had covered Taehyun with it.

"I don't give a shit about my clothes Kai, you're the only thing I care about right now.... don't worry..." Taehyun engulfed him in a reassuring hug, which made Kai feel worse not being able to reciprocate it, in a way not being able to reciprocate Taehyun's care and love for him. A feeling worst than every physical pain he had to endure.

"Hyun-Ah!" Beomgyu yelled loudly from under the van, catching Taehyun's full attention.

He reluctantly pulled away from Kai, who shivered the minute the older pulled away, missing his warm touch.

"Catch!" Beomgyu tossed the small keys lightly, enough for them to land softly in Taehyun's shaking arms.
He turned back around, opening the locks as fast as he can.

"Oh for fuck sakes" he mumbled under his breath when the keys weren't as cooperative as he had opened.

His heart finally beating normally when he heard a small click, the chains fell down along with Kai's limp body, who slumped on Taehyun's shoulders as soon as his hands were freed.

Taehyun immediately embraced him, fighting the urge to hug him as tightly as he could as to not put pressure on Kai's already aching body.

"It's okay... you're okay" Taehyun stroked Kai's hair, whispering reassuring nothings to his ears.

"Don't leave..." the younger cried into the crook of Taehyun's neck. "Please..."

....................
Author here.

This marks that longest chapter I've written yet😅 just to compensate for not having uploaded yesterday.