13: Wifey

"Look who's up"- Hailey cheered as soon as a groggy-faced Justin appeared on top of the stairs, rubbing his eyes, tiredly- "Good morning, babe. Come here!"

Step by step, he walked down to the living room, where Scooter, Laura, Pattie, and Hailey chatted quietly. It was unusual for Scooter to spend his "free" time at Justin's house, but in the middle of his divorce with Yael and Justin being sick, being there was the ideal for him and, truthfully, Justin liked having him around.

Hailey let Justin know, on one of the times that he woke up in the middle of last night, that Pattie had a meeting in Canada at night, so she would be leaving around lunchtime, but he insisted he was still mad and didn't want to talk to her. Hailey knew that Justin was going to regret it the minute he started to miss her, but he assured her that he was going to be okay once she left.

"You okay, babe?"- she said again, this time, giggling as he threw his body into hers on the white couch- "You feeling any better?"

Justin wrapped himself around her and muffled his face on Hailey's neck after pecking her lips. He was only wearing some white sweatpants and no shirt, but his body was still a bit hot. Laura couldn't help but notice how much weight Justin had lost in the last few weeks.

"What?"- Hailey said after Justin whispered something just for her to listen. He approached her ear once more and said it again- "Did you make it to the bathroom in time?"- he nodded- "I think you're just spelling the remaining enema from last night".

"Can I have a minute with just Hailey, guys?"- he said in a lower tone, and everyone got the massage. But, his wife, despite wanting nothing more than some time alone with him, stopped the three of them from moving.

"We can go upstairs and cuddle for the whole day if you would like life, baby"- she said, kissing the top of his head- "But first, we have to eat some breakfast, huh?"- Justin was about to refuse, but Hailey was quick to add- "What about some dippy eggs? I'll cook!"

His face lit up a little bit with her last sentence. Justin absolutely loved when Hailey suggested that she was cooking him something. In his opinion, she could make the best breakfast ever.

They both stood up and walked to the kitchen as Hailey got his hand. He sat on the stool, and they chatted as she prepared him his favorite breaky: two dippy eggs, three bacon strips and a piece of gluten-free toast. He loved to see her cook and it made him feel so loved that she would offer to make him food even when their chef was around.

"Here you go, babe"- she said, placing the plate in front of him. Justin smiled and wrapped both arms around her, embracing Hailey with a cozy hug. She pecked him lips when he whispers a "thank you, baby"- "You're welcome, love. Now, eat up!".

She placed the ketchup on the table and gave him a fork before sitting next to him. She had already eaten some cereal before Justin awoke, so she just sat there, admiring him eat.

Justin took a bite and didn't want any more food, but he knew that he needed to try. He managed some forkfuls but after a while, his stomach felt heavy and queasy. Hailey noticed how he was forcing food down and stopped him:

"Jus, it's okay if you can't eat anymore, alright?"- she said, caressing his cheek- "You're not there yet, but at least, you ate some. I don't want you to throw up so if you don't want more, it's alright".

Justin smiled and immediately laid the fork down on the still half-full plate. Hailey gave him some water and his vitamin pills and they both followed back upstairs. She laid him down once she noticed that the dark circles under his eyes were back and he was getting weaker again.

"Babe, can I talk to you about something?"- she whispered when he laid his head on her chest. As Justin loved, her hand flew instantly to his hair as she began a soothing massage.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Don't you think it would be smart to take a step back with the tour?"- Hailey really didn't bring that subject up, but she couldn't help it. If there's anyone to say that to him, it was definitely her- "You've just been so sick lately. It's really taking a toll on you".

"I'm okay, really"- Justin insisted, swallowing hard as he knew that, deep down, she was right- "I'm not canceling on anybody, I can do it".

"I really want to trust you, Justin. But... I don't know, babe. I'm really starting to worry about your health, and I think you should too. It's not okay to get sick that often, Jus"- despite her being so gentle, her words cut him deep like a sharp knife.

"I worry, okay?"- he snapped and turned his back to her, swapping his position so he lay facing the other way.

She just frowned, reaching to rub his back as a heart-breaking sob was barely heard. She was just worried about everything including Justin being so emotional lately. He had always been a crier when he was sick so him crying that much only registered how crappy he was always feeling.

"It's okay, Jus. Shh... we can talk about it another time, alright?"- she soothed, pulling herself up to him and cuddling to his back, so he could be the little spoon. Justin melted like a child with her soft touch and just enjoyed the cuddle, calming himself a bit. Hailey went to rub his hair and gently touched his forehead- "Oh babe, you're heating up again".

That last sentence made Justin cry once again.

__________________________________________________________________

Just a filler chapter. I've been struggling to write lately :(