𝟺

Aeliana was sitting by Rebekah who was researching attics in New Orleans as Agnes was talking to Hayley.

"Does that one look familiar?" Aeliana pointed to one that seemed to be above a church.

Rebekah squinted at the screen. "It does, actually. You're weird soul mate bond thing is weird."

"You say that like it's supernatural. I think our love for each other is the only human thing about us."

"I told you Agnes, I feel great!" She heard Hayley tell the elder witch, making the two look over.

"You are overdue for a checkup."

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!"

Aeliana couldn't help but feel sad at the fact that Hayley even has the opportunity to go through pregnancy, bringing tears to her eyes. The loss of her and Elijah's baby may have been over 1000 years ago, but it still hurt all the same.

Rebekah noticed the look on her face and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She looked over at the werewolf. "A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."

Agnes nodded. "I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

"I'm coming as well," Aeliana looked over at the elder witch.

Agnes looked at her nervously, but nodded in agreement.

"Okay, fine. Bayou baby doctor it is," Hayley stood up, Aeliana along with her and they walked out with Agnes to kill some time before the appointment.

 Bayou baby doctor it is," Hayley stood up, Aeliana along with her and they walked out with Agnes to kill some time before the appointment

They were in the car talking as Agnes drove, finally on their way to the appointment.

"Hey, can I ask you something that may be personal?" Hayley asked nervously.

Aeliana looked over at her. "Sure, what's up?"

"I don't want to sound rude at all, if you don't feel comfortable answering then by all means, don't. But why did you look so sad when the appointment was brought up?"

Aeliana took a deep breath and looked down.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"No, no. It's okay," she cut Hayley off. "Back when Elijah and I were human, we struggled to get pregnant. Well, I struggled obviously. When I finally did, he turned into a vampire a month later, so our opportunity to have other children was long gone, she was it. She was our only shot at being parents," Aeliana began to cry, making both the werewolf and witch start to tear up as well.

"Two weeks later, I lost her. He almost lost control at all of the blood, but Rebekah was able to talk to him down. They learned that their blood could heal, so he fed me his. I ended up dying anyways, but with his blood being in my system, I came back as a vampire, obviously. That's how we discovered not only does their blood heal, but it also can create more," she paused. "I love my life, I love what I have with Elijah. But we've always had that aching feeling to be parents, to have our girl. I guess that's why we feel so protective over you and this baby. I know we will never be her parents, but just having a baby around is going to be refreshing. In a world full of despair and sadness, she's like a bright light who's going to bring us all joy."