𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

I walked through the hallway until I felt a pair of hands grip my shirt and pull me into a room. My eyes lifted and met Astraea's beautiful eyes. Her arms draped over my shoulders. I wrapped my arms around her waist. She admitted, "I'm so proud of you, Grey. There are over a thousand people out there waiting for you."

I pulled her close and whispered, "I wouldn't have been able to have this without you." I slightly lifted her chin. I pressed my lips to hers. I felt the warm embrace that I craved. I crave her all the time.

Once our lips parted, I told Rea, "Tonight, we'll close with the duet." She shifted her eyes to mine. She wondered, "Should I wait here for my cue or out in the crowd?"

I released my arms from her waist. I caressed my palm on the side of her cheek. I answered, "Stay in the crowd. I'll make sure they get you when it's your cue." She rested her hands on my face and pressed her lips to mine roughly.

Astraea whispered, "I love you, Grey." I placed my lips gently on her temples and replied, "I love you more, my angel."

I released my arms from her. I exited the room and made my way behind the stage. I got mic'd and waited for my cue. I felt a weight softly lifted off my shoulders. Seeing Astraea and her soft lips on mine reassured me everything was alright.

Once I got my cue, I sprinted onto the stage and immediately felt the rush of adrenaline from the excitement. I saw many happy faces in front of the stage and signs people had made for me. I felt my heart race inside my chest. The feeling of being on stage is beyond comprehension. I felt like I was floating on cloud nine.

Before I performed, I called out, "Hello, Boston." I took a breath and heard the sound of excitement in the crowd. These people were here to watch me perform. I still haven't gotten over that these people are here for me. I confessed, "Boston will always be my favorite place to perform. Five years ago, I performed here for the first time. I am beyond thrilled to start my tour in the place where it all began. I have expanded this tour. I plan on visiting every continent and sharing my love for music with the world. This stadium has filled up since my first concert, and I'm beyond grateful for the love I've received."

I took a deep breath and confessed, "I'll stop talking now. I have a special surprise for my closing song. I'll begin with my first single I released while living in Italy six years ago."

I began singing and felt like I was floating on cloud nine.

♫ ♫ ♫

Four hours in, I took a moment to read the signs made by people in the crowd. I enjoyed interacting with everyone. I want them to know I acknowledge the hard work they put into those signs.

The first sign that caught my glimpse said Your music saved me, Greyson. I felt my heart sink into my chest. I locked eyes with that person five rows back from the stage. I repeated, "Your music saved me, Greyson." I felt tears slightly build up under my eyes. I approached the edge of the stage and confessed, "I've only read one sign, and I'm about to cry. I made my music to bring awareness to mental health. I've had many people tell me that my music gives them hope. I feel accomplished knowing I've given people hope and saved their lives. I love you all."

I shot my eyes to a second sign decorated with many colors and a bit of glitter. The cardboard sign said Greyson would you marry me? I chuckled at this one. I shifted my eyes at Astraea standing in the front row beside Blaire. I saw a smile light on Rea's face. She giggled and kept her eyes on me.

I fixed my eyes back at the second sign. I explained, "As much as I love and adore you all, I am happily taken by my beautiful girlfriend." The light beamed over Astraea. For once, I saw a hint of heat rush across her soft cheeks.

My heart began to race as I prepared for the proposal. Every second leads me closer to asking a question that'll change my life. I took a deep breath and confessed, "Tonight, I'll be doing something different before my closing song."

"For the last five years, I've performed and sung all my music with my girlfriend, Astraea Russo. She's been my muse since the very beginning. I would've never gotten on a stage without her. I love you, Rea, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to share these moments with you until they become faint memories. I want to share our day while drinking hot chocolate in the living room. I want it all. I want you."

I paused and watched the smile rush across her face. Her hands had covered half of her face. I kneeled at the edge of the stage in front of her and continued, "I've sung hundreds of songs in this building. Every lyric of every song I've written is dedicated to a special woman. Astraea Russo. I've waited six years for this day to come. I'm doing this in the one place I love. Astraea Alessiah Russo, will you marry me?"

Rea's eyes lit up. She climbed over the fence and jumped on the stage. She wrapped her arms tightly around me. Her breath cooly sent a sensation down my back as she whispered, "Yes. I've waited so long to hear those words leave your mouth, Grey." She released her arms around me and pressed her lips roughly against mine. I felt the passion rush through my veins. I felt an adrenaline rush, and my heart raced inside my chest.

She wrapped her legs around my waist, and I lifted her. I shouted, "She said yes." I spun her in a circle and muttered, "I am so in love with you. Rea, you don't understand."

The crowd cheered. I'd never felt this type of joy. Rea makes me feel alive. I love her more than anything. I love her more than life. She breathes air into my lungs every day. I want to marry this woman and watch her walk down the aisle. I'll be crying on our wedding day. Rea cupped her hands on my face. She asked, "Are you ready for that duet?" I nodded my head and slowly released her onto the stage. I grabbed a microphone from behind the set, and the first song we had sung together played.

I felt tears fill my eyes. I felt all the emotions flash before my eyes. I felt her touch send electricity through my system. When her hand touched mine, I felt flashbacks from when she comforted me eleven years ago when I was in a broken home. She became the person I felt safe with. I will always love her into infinity.

After the concert, I pulled Rea backstage and stood in front of her as her back was against the wall. I cupped her face and whispered, "I can't wait to marry you, Rea." I pressed my lips to hers, and I felt like I was home.

♫ ♫ ♫

Thank you so much for reading chapter twelve of Unread Messages.

If you have any questions let me know. <3

Tiktok:

authorjules

Instagram:

authorjuless

I love you all and I'll see you in the epilogue.

This is the last chapter of Unread Messages...