Four Away From Eleven, Season away from Season {5}

A/N: Mostly filler chapter. Pretty short. Not that well written, apologies.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
Akito sprinted across the pavement, making little sound as he ran. Months of this repetitive activity, running to Weekend Garage and waiting for An and Kohane, no one other than Ken to talk to. It wasn't as though he wanted to talk to anyone. There was nothing important to say anymore.

An overwhelming void remained there, lingering for too long, no words being able to enter or escape it. A void that he was incapable of ignoring for weeks, though had grown used to it, the emptiness becoming apart of him in a way. It was not an issue to Akito, it was merely something he had to accept, something of which he had accepted long ago. Even as the space widened, increasing in size, he allowed it to settle there, not caring about the affects of it any longer.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
"So, another one at BROWN?"
"Mhm! It's a more minor live house, but it could boost our group's reputation a bit."
"I mean, since it's a smaller event, it'll also cause less stress."
"Yeah! That's also what Minori added in when I told her about it, eheh." Kohane giggled, and An gently smiling as she sipped a cup of coffee. The shorter haired girl rested her head on the other's shoulder, closing her eyes.

She jerked up, almost jumping. A loud, banging noise played near the front door. Kohane looked at the area.

Akito stood there, holding the door, panting. He was slightly sweating, a dead look in his eyes. He shook his head gently, fixing his hair, before walking over to the girls. His lightless eyes cast an almost intimidating feeling around him, one that An and Kohane were mostly used to. He sat on the seat opposite of them, saying nothing. The only action he took other than sitting down or walking was sighing, of which he did as he sat.

     "H-hello, Shinonome!"
     "Akito, Kohane and I decided where our next live would be."
     "Oh. Where?" His voice remained rather monotone, his 'question' sounding more like a statement.
"At BROWN. Kohane decided on it, and I think it'd be a good option."
"Haven't we already sang there? Several times?"
"No need to sound annoyed... anyways, yeah. It's also a more casual one, so we don't need to stress about it."
"I didn't sound annoyed."
"Dude, of course you wouldn't think you did. You know how you meant it to sound, and we don't."
"Let's... not argue?" Kohane spoke in almost a whisper, her voice a lot softer compared to An and Akito's.
"We weren't."
"Kohane, we don't argue every time we talk... ahah."
"It sounded like one..."
"Back on topic."
"It's fine to get a bit off topic."
"And we would've stayed off topic."
"Akito, we would've gotten back on topic, it's literally the reason we met up today. You haven't even been showing up to practice half the time. I was surprised you even came today."
"I've been practicing alone often, besides. I show up enough for some form of improvement."
"You've been pissed off at everything, dude. The only thing that reallyy needs to improve is your mood."
"???"
"What?"
"...Just forget it. Back to the live show. What song are we doing."
"And that's what we haven't done yet! We could write a new song, maybe?"
"For a minor show, a new song is useless. Even if it takes only ten minutes, we can just redo an older one. It's not a new thing."
"Fair point, I guess. So, which song would we even do?"
"Awake Now, Forward, or... eh, those two are probably one of the best two that the three of us can do together."
"...Let's just go with writing a new song." Akito didn't respond to An. He just nodded and stared out the window, no visible expression or light in his eyes. Just an empty, blank stare.

     It, at first, was an odd thing, something uncomfortable for the girls. But as Akito has grown used to the feeling of pure emptiness, An and Kohane have become accustomed to the feeling that they would feel when around Akito. It was now normal, mildly annoying at times, but generally natural now.

     The ginger sighed, looking at the buildings outside the cafe. Nothing in particular caught his eye. It was the middle of summer. Almost an entire year since Toya left. He shook his head slightly, resting his head on the table.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
WORD COUNT: 750
so sorry about the shit quality, no clue what happened w my writing here so I ended it early. Also, I realized the massive inconsistency with time (I genuinely don't know how time is working here save me), so just ignore any incorrect things said. Just know the next chapters are more important. Again, apologies for the horrible writing.