Chapter 2

The words in italic are their thoughts.  Enjoy!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------
The night was half over as Crystal stood on the side of the stage waiting for her cue. Throughout the night she felt him watching her. Just as she watched him.

"30 seconds out. Are you ready?" A staff member asked.

She nodded as the announcer began introducing her.

"Please welcome to Crystal Hayslett."

She smiled as she took her place at the mic to read the teleprompter.

"Good evening, everyone. I want to start by saying that it's such an honor to be in the presence of such amazing and talented athletes." The audience clapped as she continues.

"I'm here to present the award for Best Male Athlete. Here are the nominees."

As Devale' name was read she couldn't help but smile.

"And the winner is...."  she paused.

Just my luck she thought.

"Devale Ellis." She read off the envelope.

As he approached the stage, time seemed to slow down. She watched as his muscles flexed under his suit. The way his skin glistening under the spotlight. His way his lips...

Stop it, Crystal!! She yelled at herself

"Congratulations." She handed him the award along with a side hug.

She nearly passed out.

He even smells delicious.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck she feels so soft and smell good enough to eat. DOWN BOY!!!

"Thank you. First of all thank you God. Umm... thanks to my fans that being rocking with me from the beginning. My family for believing in me and pushing me. To my team for putting up with my mood swings." He laughed along with the crowd.

"Also thank you Crystal," he turn to look at her, "for wearing this dress tonight." He looked at her seductively while licking his lips.

Some of the audience whooped and clapped while she blushed.

"Oh my god!" She walked back stage and he ran to catch up with her.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I embarrassed you out there. I just have a habit of putting my foot in mouth around a beautiful lady. You really do look beautiful."

She looked down at his hand still holding hers and felt a million butterflies in her stomach.

"It's fine. In fact I should be thanking you..."

He looked confused for a second.

"For wearing this suit" she finished.

"You're welcome." They replied at the same time.

They shared a brief laugh before a stagehand called out to Devale.

"I guess I better get going. It was nic..'

"Hey can we get a quick picture of you two together for social media?" A young woman asked nervously.

The two looked at each other and shrugged.

"Sure." Answers Crystal.

"Definitely." Devale said.

He put his arm around her waist pulling her to his side.

"Is this ok?"

She nods as they posed for more pictures.

"Aww thank you. You two would make a beautiful couple." Replied the girl as she walked away. Not knowing that a nosey blogger overheard  her comment.