Your head lifted up towards the dark forest when hearing the same thing that attacked your village come running towards you and your twin at a nonhuman speed that doesn't look possible for any human at all.

Turning back to your turn putting their arm around your neck and walking towards the end of the forest where the light was coming for hoping that someone could help you two from this thing, that was until feeling a slash across both of Ỵ̛̖͋͢ư̡͕̭̇j̪̟̮̔ͩỉ͔͖̜͌r̴̨̦͕̝o̯̱̊͊͢'s̠҉͍͊ͅ and your back. Dropping to the ground letting go of Ỵ̛̖͋͢ư̡͕̭̇ṇ̤͛̒̍j̪̟̮̔ͩỉ͔͖̜͌t̲̂̓ͩ̑o̯̱̊͊͢ in the process, grabbing their hand with your non scratched one that blocked the thing from slashing your back.

Tearing in your eyes wanting him to open his eyes back up to tell you that they're alive. "Ỵ̛̖͋͢ư̡͕̭̇r̴̨̦͕̝j̪̟̮̔ͩỉ͔͖̜͌r̴̨̦͕̝o̯̱̊͊͢... Ỵ̛̖͋͢ư̡͕̭̇j̪̟̮̔ͩỉ͔͖̜͌r̴̨̦͕̝o̯̱̊͊͢?" Everytime you kept repeating his name you hoped that their eyes would snap open but getting nothing instead. The creature that killed your now dead twin beside you was now laughing at everything from the killing to you crying, enjoying everything it was doing.

The laughter was soon cut off but instead the laughter was replaced with screaming when someone came and slashed its head off, decapitating it from its body by a person with a katana. Shifting your eyes away from the man and back onto your twin brother who was just laying there, blood coming out of his back.

Tears still seeping out of your eyes until feeling a hand be placed on your back making you look over only to see a man with a sorrowful face understanding what it meant to lose a person that's close to you.

"It's alright. Everything is going to be ok now son/daughter, just go to sleep and I'll handle everything from here.." The man murmured, keeping his promise on about everything going to be ok and fine. Everything soon faded to black telling you that you were falling asleep from all the adrenaline warring off.

~~~~~~~~~~

You started to shuffle around waking up from your sleep when hearing a voice talking to someone else. "K͕͓͌̎̾ẹ̿͋̒̕ỉ͔͖̜͌ what happened out there? And is the kid going to be ok? I feel so bad for them after witnessing everything that happened to their town at such a young age, especially a 4 year old." A woman said, around her mid 20s talking to the same man that saved you earlier and would have saved your twin if he only arrived sooner.

"Hopefully he/she will be ok and fine although I don't know how they are going to handle the news all over again when they wake- oh you're awake already. How are you feeling kid?" K͕͓͌̎̾ẹ̿͋̒̕ỉ͔͖̜͌ said, looking over at you, who had just woke up from the nap after 2 hours of the man carrying you back to their house after yours got destroyed and all that.

"What happened? Where am I? Who are you?" K͕͓͌̎̾ẹ̿͋̒̕ỉ͔͖̜͌ and A̷͙ͭͫ̕y҉̃̀̋̑ā̤̓̍͘ḳ̯͍̑ͦā̤̓̍͘ looked at you with a look of both shock and confusion on how you didn't remember anything that happened. "Well, you're at our house. That is K͕͓͌̎̾ẹ̿͋̒̕ỉ͔͖̜͌ and I'm A̷͙ͭͫ̕y҉̃̀̋̑ā̤̓̍͘ḳ̯͍̑ͦā̤̓̍͘. Do you not remember anything that happened?" The woman asked this time with all her attention only to receive a shake from you not knowing what happened.

"Can you at least tell us what your name is and what you do remember please?" Nodding to A̷͙ͭͫ̕y҉̃̀̋̑ā̤̓̍͘ḳ̯͍̑ͦā̤̓̍͘'s̠҉͍͊ͅ question knowing answers to those 2 questions.

"My name is [Name].... I don't know my last name, but I like [insert likes], clouds, and snakes. Although I don't really remember anything- except the cut I got across my mouth from my 'mother' and 'father' because they didn't want a child that has no gender." You went on explaining your likes but that soon dropped when remembering what your so called 'parents' did to the bottom half of your face.

"I'm so sorry for what happened to you... how would you like to live with me and my husband? We were thinking about having a kid but we wouldn't be able to." A̷͙ͭͫ̕y҉̃̀̋̑ā̤̓̍͘ḳ̯͍̑ͦā̤̓̍͘ explained, happy if you would say yes but if you said no they wouldn't stop you and help you find a good home.

"I would like to... Okaa and Oto-san" Those were the words that came out of your mouth like a river but it felt nice saying it. "Well then welcome home [Name] *********. We promise to never leave you or do that to you" A̷͙ͭͫ̕y҉̃̀̋̑ā̤̓̍͘ḳ̯͍̑ͦā̤̓̍͘ said looking at her now daughter/son/kid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~End of your Dream~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Name] woke up in cold sweat from the dream they just had, making Kaburamaru worried if they were ok or not. Turning to their right expecting to see a green and black cat but finding Loki laying his head against the couch beside [Name] in a protective manner.

"Okaasan... Otosan... where are you? You promised that you wouldn't leave me..." [Name] mumbled to herself wanting to know what happened to the two people that helped and protected him from that thing that tried to kill them, especially his old family and that snake...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taisho Secret:

•You we're given Kaburamaru as a gift.