ONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kaburamaru! Look at these flowers, they are so pretty and beautiful just like clouds aren't they?" You who looked to be a kid that was around the age of 5 said, looking at your snake friend that has white scales with red bloodshot eyes looks back at them. Letting out a hiss to tell you that he agrees on what you're saying about the flowers.

Enjoying the view of the flowers and the clouds, forgetting about what you were doing there or why you were there in the first place. Not even thinking twice about where your parents were or even knowing that while they were looking for you they turned to dust like the other half of the population. It wasn't like you were gonna know or were gonna remember anything about them anytime soon.

Wandering around the forest that has different types of flowers laying around it, your feet taking you somewhere but nowhere at the same time. Having no exact clue about the danger that lied ahead of you that you were going towards blindly without a second thought or clue. You had a blank expression on as you continued through the woods glancing around here and there.

Stopping in your tracks all of a sudden to look up at the clouds that shined brightly in the sky, humming as you just stared at them looking from one to the other closely. The sound of footsteps that belonged to a person caught your ears attention from the sudden sound. A person walked up to the side of you surprised to see a little kid all alone in the middle of the forest.

"Ummm excuse me kid.. where are your parents at?" An unfamiliar voice spoke out to you which you didn't recognize or you probably did know them but just forgot who it was. Turning your head to face the older male that towered over you, blinking up at him as you just stare in silence. "Huh? Who are you?" Asking as you look at the male, not remembering him from anywhere.

"My name is Steve-" Steve was about to finish his sentence before you had cut him off. "Never mind. I don't care about what your name is. I won't remember your name anyways." You flat out ignored his name, turning your attention back up to the clouds in the blue sky. Steve was taken back by what you said, "what? You just asked who I was?" He questioned, confused on how you were acting and just changed up your emotions in mere seconds.

"I did? I don't remember saying any of that. So don't try putting words in my mouth." Blurting out as you pointed at him, not acting like any normal five year old that would act nice, kind, and caring not... blunt or mean. "What's your name?" Steve asked, crouching down to your height so you wouldn't have to keep staring up at him. "Hmm? Oh.. [Name].. just [Name]." Answering his question, Kaburamaru was glaring at Steve, ready to attack if he tried to harm you at any given second.

Did you remember your last name? Yeah, but you just didn't want to tell a random old stranger your last name just in case he tried something.

"Well nice to meet you [Name]. By chance do you know where your parents are?" He started asking you questions as you toned his voice, which you were glad you were able to do without any problem. 'Wait what is his name again? He looks like an eagle or maybe a golden retriever. Wasn't his name Stephen? No, that doesn't sound like the right name. Doesn't matter, I'll just forget either way.'

Toning back into the conversation from your thoughts. "Kid you listening?" Blinking at him, tilting your head to the side. "What? What do you want?" Glaring at the male in front of you already practically forgetting all about the small talk before. Depending on your statement to him, snapping out of the confused thought. "I was asking you where your parents were?" Steve mentioned, lifting your head back up from tilting, blinking your eyes as you let out a small huh.