Chapter 2 - Unexpected Revelation

Start from the beginning

Either the people of this era aren't able to use it or the content of this library is so unimportant that it doesn't even require such standard measures.

Now that he thinks about it, his family was extremely shocked by the growth magic 'Kurst' that he used to age his own body.

Kurst was a well-known magic spell commonly used during reincarnation to quickly attain a useful body. It was something even the lowest and lowest citizens of all races know about. There was no end to stories about lucky poor households who suddenly rise to power because of having one or multiple reincarnated children.

So how come this family of obvious aristocratic background acted as if they had either never seen or actually never heard of such basic Life Magic before?

Anos frowned and cast a spell to unlock the door.

"Dee"

When he uttered that one word, a magic circle appeared in front of the lock as the doorknob turned on itself and the door was pushed open by an invisible force. Just in case they used something like 'Najila', A spell that conceals any and all traces of magic. Anos used another highly advanced spell to detect any and all such tricks.

"..."

There was no response.

Anos's frown deepened as he immediately entered the grand library. The door automatically closed behind him as he used yet another spell.

"I Gneas"

Thousands upon thousands of glowing hands appeared out of nowhere and each pair of them grabbed a single book then all of them started rapidly turning the pages at the same time.

The sounds of countless pages turning were deafening, standing in the middle of all the chaos was Anos with glowing eyes as an unimaginable amount of information was directly transferred to his brain.

Magic Eyes of Transcription, This Magic Eye has the ability to copy any magic with a single glance. It can also be used like this to absorb huge amounts of information in a very short time.

Massive knowledge about this era's vast history, shocking geology, subpar science, unknown astrology, laughable mathematics, pitiful magic studies, stone age soul understanding, non-existent source...

The more Anos read everything around him, the more he felt something was incredibly wrong.

It didn't take long for him to understand his situation. Or lack thereof.

"Fumu. Where am I?"

Said a confused Demon Lord.

—--------------------------------------------

Back in the bedroom, The trio of the Kagenō family was still inside even after Anos has long since left it. Mr. Kagenō and Mrs. Kagenou were holding each other hands tightly with swirls in their eyes.

"H-Honey, our baby. D-Did you see it? He already became big s-so fast..."

"Y-Yeah... Hmph, a-as to be expected o-of a Kagenō!"

"Honey, our ba—"

""Ye–"

The two were barely able to keep their sanity as they just kept repeating those same words like a mantra while a smiling Cid was leaning against the wall and thinking God knows what.

Beta who seemed like the only normal one in the room despite disguising herself as a maid finally put her notebook back in her pocket. She looked expectantly at Cid as if asking for permission to do something.

Cid noticed her gaze and he nodded mysteriously at her.

"!"

Beta's expression brightened like a child who just received candy and she nodded respectfully to him before slowly opening the door and then silently leaving the room. Once she carefully closed the door behind her, Beta turned around and went to a servant who was standing nearby.