Chapter thirteen; Mizpah.

{Mizpah; the deep emotion bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death

{Mizpah; the deep emotion bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death.}

Aurora sat on the top of the hill watching everyone move around. Finn was taken to the medical ward, he was in a comma whilst his back healed. Adam and Rey sat by him every moment of the day as Poe watched over Aurora. She sat on the top of the hill or in the Falcon, trying to distract herself. 

She looked over her shoulder as Poe walked towards her with a soft smile on his face. She watched him sit beside her before leaning her head on his shoulder. Poe wrapped his arm around her, gently pulling her closer as she sighed. There the two sat, his head lent on hers as they watched the world go past. 

---

Aurora stood beside Poe as R2-D2 turned on the rest of the map to Luke Skywalker's location. Projecting the map for all to see, BB-8 gently bumped into Aurora's leg, she smiles sightly at the droid as she knelt down, placing the drive they got from Jakku into his drive. The droid beeped, projecting the rest of the map and fitting it perfectly into R2-D2's piece of the map.

"The map!" C-3PO exclaimed, "It's complete!"

"Luke," Leia gasped as Aurora smiled, Poe taking her hand in his. 

"Oh, my dear friend," C-3PO said, patting R2-D2's head, "How I've missed you." 

---

"Here, take this," 

Aurora held out Luke's lightsabre to Rey. Chewie, Rey and Adam were going to find Luke, Leia wanted Aurora to go but she wanted to stay needed to be with her mother and Poe. 

"You sure?" Rey asks, hesitantly taking the lightsabre from Aurora. 

"Yeah," Aurora smiles, bringing Rey into a hug, "Bring him home Rey." 

Rey pulls away with a smile, nodding her head before kneeling by BB-8 to say goodbye. Aurora wonders over to Adam who gives her a hug, she smiles chuckling softly. 

"Thank you for saving me," Adam whispers, hugging her closely. 

"Thank you for saving me," Aurora repeats, pulling back with a soft smile, Adam chuckles hugging her once more before walking over to Rey. 

Poe wraps an arm around Aurora, pressing a kiss on her cheek as she lent into his side more. Chewie wondered down the ramp of the Falcon holding a box in his hands. Aurora frowned as Chewie roar softly, handing her the box, looking into it, Aurora couldn't help but chuckle softly. 

"Thank you Chewie," Aurora looked up at him with a smile, "I guess I stole all of dad's jackets in the end." 

Chewie roared patting her head making her chuckle again, "I love you too Chewie, bring back the Falcon in one piece." 

Chewie nodded with a gently roar, hugging her the best he could with the box in the way before saying goodbye to Poe and wondering towards Leia to say goodbye. Poe smiled at Aurora watching her look down at the jackets with a soft smile of her own. 

"You okay?" Poe quietly asks, gently pressing another kiss on her head. 

"Yeah," Aurora looked at him, her blue eyes meeting his, "I will be fine." 

Poe just nods with a small smile, the two turning to watch the Flacon take off, flying away. Aurora felt a pit in her stomach, they may have one this battle but the war was still on and battle come and go but the results impact everyone. But right now, standing with Poe, his arm wrapped around her, she felt safer. Han was still with her, every step of the way and he knew how much she loved him and she knew that he loved her the same.