"John b!" She exclaims, noticing the boy on the boat.

"What the hell is she doing with Topper?" Kie scoffs making John B sighs in annoyance. They tie the two boats together and Sarah jumps into John B's arms.

Noticing Topper standing awkwardly on the boat, Liv sends him a small smile which he returns.

"But listen, Sarah, they're coming after Rafe," He warns.

"Good," She shrugs, "He's completely unhinged. He jumped me last night."

"What?" Liv exclaims, sitting up.

"That's why I didn't come back."

"Yeah, man. Rafe has lost his mind," Topper adds, "Literally almost killed his sister. Thankfully, I got there in time."

"Yeah he did."

"Uh well I guess I owe you one, Topper, don't I?" John B glares at him.

"It's all good," Topper grins, "I mean, somebody had to rescue your girlfriend, right?"

"Oo," Liv winces, seeing John B's jaw clench.

"Uh that's funny because she's not actually my girlfriend, right?" John B smiles, looking down at the girl.

"Uh well what is she then?"

"Tell him."

"I'm... I'm with him," Sarah stutters.

"I can't watch," Liv moans, quietly, covering her eyes.

"Gotcha," Topper laughs, "You're with him. Okay, yeah. I just needed a little clarity there. You guys clear on that?"

"I think you should go now, Topper," Liv says, standing up.

"Think I'll head out. It's about time."

"Topper... Thank you," Sarah says, hugging the boy.

"Yeah, of course, I'm just glad you're okay," Topper returns the hug looking up at John B with a smirk.

"Asshole," Liv whispers, beginning to untie the boat.

----

"Hey babe," Liv grins, planting a kiss on her lips, "Whatcha reading?"

"Just some book I found in your bookcase," Kie grins looking up and moving the book around to show her the cover.

"If we were villians?" Liv reads, "Good choice."

"I like the little notes you've made in the margins. It's like a gateway into your mind."

"What, the ones that say 'girlboss'?"

"Especially those ones..." She laughs slightly before going silent.

"About the other night with the ambulance-"

"We don't need to talk about that," Kie interrupts, "It's all in the past."

"Ok," Liv mutters leaning back, feeling relieved.

"Pope!" JJ shouts, running towards them, "Where's Pope?!"

"Why?" Kie exclaims standing up.

"What happened?" Liv asks, walking up to him to calm him down.

"Something happened to his pops."

"Shit! Let's go!"

----

"Let me know if I'm hurting you," Liv tells him, placing a plaster on the man's forehead.

"You're doing fine," Heyward says before groaning in pain.

"Okay, there you go."

"Thank you, darlin," He smiles, tapping her arm with gratitude.

"Pop, what happened?" Pope asks, face full of worry.

"Oh I should have known better," He sighs, "He came in as I was about to lock up. Caught me by surprise. Once he had me down, he put his knee in my chest and he asked me about... about that key you showed me. In case you are wondering, I ain't tell him nothing. Now did you track it down?"

Pope hesitates, looking at Kie before pulling a golden key out of his pocket. He passes it to his father then says, "I found it in Mee-Maw's old apartment above the pharmacy just like you said."

"Shit, boy, you should have gave this to me. I wouldn't have had to take a beating," Heyward exclaims, "What's the big deal? It ain't worth anything. Why they want it so bad?"

"I don't know," Pope answers, honestly, "First, I get this letter telling me that I need to go to Charleston and then I meet this rich lady who wants me to give her the key that I didn't even know was in my family."

"None of this makes any sense," Olivia shakes her head.

"Well, don't y'all just sit here whining about it," He encourages, patting Liv on her knee, "Figure it out!"

"No! I'm just going to give that key to the lady. It's not worth-"

"No, no, no. Did I raise you to back down from a fight, boy?"

"No, sir."

"Well, alright. Now, I didn't think about it before. I admit that. But now...now," He points up to the bloody wound on his head, looking back at Olivia with a wide grin, "I'm interested. Well, did they say why they wanted it?"

"Something about an old cross... I think it might be some kind of lost treasure."

"You know who you should talk to? Your great-grandmother, mee-maw."

----