Chapter 11

Cliff, James, and Jason were all downstairs and sitting on the couch. They were all laughing and talking.

"Goodmorning, lovebirds." James said with a grin.

I smiled softly and took a seat on the couch. Lars then sat down next to me. "Guess I can say the same about you and Jason. You guys were loud as fuck last night." Lars said with a smirk.

James gritted his teeth. "You can't say shit. I heard you both aswell." He then leaned forward. Jason grabbed his arm and reassured him it was just a joke. 

Cliff spit out his coffee. "I don't need to hear that shit at eight in the morning."

 "Sorry." James muttered as he sat back down.

Cliff stood up and went to the kitchen to grab his car keys. "Anyways, I'm gonna go to the diner. Anyone wanna come?"

"Sure!" I replied happily. The rest of us agreed to go to the diner and we all piled into Cliff's car. Cliff drove down the road, as he blasted misfits.

Once we got to the diner, we all sat down and ate food. Having fun and talking. 

It was probably the most fun I've had in a long time. 

                              ************************************ 

After the diner, we went to see a movie. It was a great day and it made me forget my worries for a while.

Once we got home, Cliff grabbed his bass and went to his band's practice so soon it was just me, Lars, James, and Jason.

We all piled onto the couch and sat there and talked. We talked about the boarding school and how it has affected us. Yes, I was still worried about talking about my trauma because I knew others had it worse, but Lars comforted me and told me it was ok.

I sighed before talking. "It's like...I'm still scared of making mistakes and shit because of what would happen at the boarding school if you did."

Everyone nodded in agreement. James smiled sadly. "Yeah, I get that."

After that James and Jason went for a walk and soon it was just me and Lars in the house.

 Lars then cuddled up against me. "See? That wasn't bad saying how you felt, huh? Nobody told you that you shouldn't say how you feel because others had it worse." He said reassuringly

We stayed like that for awhile, cuddling and enjoying each other's presence when he jumped up, as if having an idea.

"What is it?" I ask as I look at him confusingly.

"Let's go somewhere." He said with a smirk on his face. He then grabbed Cliff's car keys and headed out to the garage. "Come on!"

I followed him out of the house and into Cliff's car. "Where are we going?" I ask as we pulled out of the driveway.

Lars turned his head to look at me. "It's a surprise." He said with a smile.

Soon we were on the highway, driving with the windows down as the sun started to set. The wind was blowing through my hair. Lars looked at me and smiled before turning his attention back to the road.

I blushed, thinking that feels like something out of a cheesy romance movie. 

And I'm not complaining.

Lars rested his hand on my thigh, as we continued to drive. Soon I could smell the saltiness and hear the squawks of the seagulls.

He took us to the beach!

I smiled as I put my head out the window and took in the calm serenity of the ocean. I haven't been to beach in a long time, so this was amazing for me.

Lars then parked and we got out. 

I smiled. "You took me to beach!"

"That's right baby. This is our first date. Just me and you." He said as he grabbed my hand and we walked down to the beach.

We walked through the sand and soon we were near the ocean. We took our shoes off and ran in together, laughing.

Lars and I were in ankle's deep water when he grabbed me by the waist and kissed me. The scene was beautiful with the gorgeous sunset seeming like it's resting on the ocean.

This is all I could ever ask for.

Suddenly, a big wave crashed through us and we both got super wet. Lars and I laughed before venturing deeper into the water. 

I picked up Lars and spun him around, he laughed before squirming out of my reach.

The feeling of freedom, and happiness was all we felt in the moment.

This was probably the happiest I've been in months.

"Hey, Kirk?" Lars asked as he rested his hands on my shoulders.

"Yes?" I replied.

"I love you so fucking much. Never forget that, alright?" He said.

"I love you too." I said with a smile.

"Promise me we'll never leave each other?"

"I promise." 

We then sealed that promise with a passionate kiss.

I'm so excited for what life brings for me and Lars.

The end.

                              ************************************