I'll Protect You pt. 2

The continuation and conclusion of I'll Protect You

*Disclaimer* I started writing this story a few years ago. Please keep in my mind that I have minimal knowledge of what serving in the Armed Forces is like. This story is completely fictional and is written unrealistically, furthermore this interpretation is not written to harm, offend, or disrespect anyone serving in the armed forces. This story is not written to harm the people involved, as it's a fictional adaptation of real actors. Thank you.

TW: mentions of torture, scars, blood, gunshots, gunshot wounds, and other weaponry.
Not super graphic*

Shay's POV
"Get us exfil now!" Price commanded.

The FBI would he closing in on our location at any second. I didn't know how they managed to track our location, but regardless they had it. I guided Sasha to the garage, where an armored vehicle was being prepped. I watched as a crew member shut her into the vehicle. Price was going to follow but I stopped him.

"Go with her," I stated.

He gave me puzzled look, "And leave you behind? Are you crazy?" Price asked.

I had to. The FBI would just keep tracking me. Price had the means to keep her safe, and I didn't.

"The FBI knows she's with me. They can track me. She's safer if she's with you," I stated. I wasn't going to argue with him. Sasha's safety is the priority.

"GO!" I urged him. They were running out of time.

Price wrestled with his thoughts but inevitably came to agree with me.

"Keep in touch. We'll regroup shortly," he promised.

I nodded and look over at the truck, one last time. I couldn't see inside, but I did my best to hide my grievances. As the truck roared to life, I turned away and rejoined the ground crew as they awaited the FBI's arrival.
The truck drove off, the garage closed, and for the first time I was scared I'd never see Sasha again.
Moments later three FBI labeled trucks approached the safe house. Before anyone could react, the whole house exploded around them. Equipment and debris went flying. I hit the deck as fast as I could, but the blows were enough to keep her down. My body felt like it had been pummeled with several rocks; I was burning up and so was the rest of the safe house.

The FBI entered the perimeter a few moments later, to check for survivors. More importantly, me. "Just who I was looking to see," Jon greeted once he spotted me. I groaned out and coughed up more ash. I wanted to reach for my gun, but my limbs wouldn't allow me to.

Sasha's POV
Again? How could they have found us again? I wanted to ask that question but now didn't seem like the best time. Everything around me had erupted into chaos. Shay guided me through the sea of people and into the garage, where a vehicle was awaiting my departure.
I was back in a vehicle again, the running would never stop. I didn't even know what was going on.
I sat nervously by myself for a moment, feeling the rumble of the truck underneath me. A few moments later, Price opened the door and sealed it behind him. He carried a few duffel bags, full of equipment no doubt, I immediately noticed Shay's absence, I could see her outside the windows, vaguely. She stood and stared longingly at the vehicle.

"Where's Shay?" I asked Price.

He ignored me for a moment and continued to rumble with his gear.

"What's she doing?" I asked as I watched her turn and walk out of the garage. Was she staying? Why would she stay? She couldn't, there's no telling what the FBI would do with her.

"Stop the car!" I cried out.

"Price, tell them to stop!" Sasha demanded. Price continued to ignore her. A somber expression grew in his face. Tears welled in my eyes. They ran rivers down my cheeks.