'I see,' Iz said icily. She stood up, and came very close to Avery, who did his very best not to step back in fear.

Then, she unclasped the bracelet he had given her for Valentine's Day, grabbed his hand, and placed the jewellery in the palm of it.

'I don't need your approval,' she said evenly. 'Lately I have been doing some thinking. I did not enjoy it, but I realised that I do not like you, Avery, because you are mean and dumb and ugly and I deserve much better than you.'

'You think you can throw judgement around?' Avery said, shaking his head. 'You are superficial, Isolde Greengrass. You only really used me for snogging and shagging.'

'And you couldn't even do that,' Iz said coldly. 'Couldn't even satisfy my one need. And don't pretend you didn't just like me because I was hot.' She stepped away from him, and eyed him up and down, before sitting back down again in her seat.

'Oh, and by the way,' she said, 'I hate the colour gold. If Ted could remember it, I don't see why you couldn't have.'

'So what are you saying?' Avery asked quietly.

'I'm dumping your ass,' she said, as though he were dumb. 'Again.' She looked away, dismissing him, and he left silently, without another word. His friends left too, Mulciber sighed loudly and followed, complaining about how Avery would be in a bad mood now and blah blah blah. Snape just looked bored, as usual.

'That was harsh,' Gemma said quietly once they'd left. Not that they boy didn't deserve it, But Iz's spite had surprised her.

'Please. You don't think I know the disgusting things he says about other girls? He isn't worth my time. I have a business to focus on.' She leaned back in her seat, and Luke went back to reading.

'Does that mean I have a chance?' Ted said hopefully.

'No.'

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Dinner was an uneventful affair. They had been informed that Penhurst had been replaced by some yob called Yaxley. He seemed like a yob, anyway, and she'd liked Penhurst. He was chill, so she could get away with sleeping or messing in class.

Gemma had caught sight of Regulus, and she noticed he looked more serious than last year. He didn't converse with Mulciber or Avery or even Snape, and he didn't quite have that swaggering air around him; instead he was sitting quietly with Elladora, nodding occasionally at something she said. Gemma hadn't gone to greet him, even though they'd left on good terms before Easter. Every time she looked at him, all she could think of was the fact that he was literally betrothed to someone else. She shook her head at herself. He didn't have a choice. No need to be bitter about it.

Meeting him in Common Room however, proved to be inevitable, as they needed to discuss Quidditch Practise schedules that he was yet to set, and he always wanted a second opinion with it, distrusting Avery and Mulciber to help him genuinely.

'Hello,' Regulus said, as he approached her. He nodded at her in greeting.

'Hi,' she said, nodding back, careful to come across cold and composed. She absolutely could not be friends with him now, and she definitely could not allow herself to act on her small crush.

'I- I missed you,' he softly.

Ah, fuck that.

'I missed you too!' She blurted, wrapping her arms around him. He was extremely taken aback by this, but soon responded by doing the same, resting his forehead against hers.

'How were your holidays?' She asked out of reflex. She cursed herself silently. Oh yeah, his holidays were great, he got inaugurated to join the cult of psycho blood supremacists.