TWENTY FIVE

'Gemma wake up!' Iz shrieked, pulling on her arm. Gemma yelped as Iz pulled too hard and she landed on the hard floor, groaning, while Natalia snickered and Pandora gave an amused smile.

'Why the hell are you always waking me up!' Gemma yelled.

'Sorry,' Iz said, clearly not sorry ,'but I cannot allow my best friend to sleep in on Valentines Day!'

'She's actually my best friend!' Ted called from outside. 

Gemma rubbed her eyes sleepily as they bickered. She went in the bathroom, brushed her teeth, pulled on her trousers, shirt, robes and tie, and made to leave, when Iz pulled her back.

'Nuh uh,' she said. 'You are not leaving like that on Valentines day.'

'Why,' Gemma complained. 'I look fine!'

'No you do not. You haven't even brushed your hair!' Iz snapped. 'You need to make Regulus absolutely cry over his loss.'

'What happened between you two anyway?' Ted asked, coming inside. 'You had your first kiss two weeks ago-'

'Was not our first kiss but-'

'Get out, dumbass!' Goyle shrieked at a shocked Ted as she exited the bathroom in a towel. She threw her slipper at him, which hit the door as it closed.

'Don't you own a skirt?' Iz asked, rummaging through her drawers.

'When have you ever seen me wearing the school skirt?' Gemma asked asked flatly. Iz was starting to irritate her. 'And stop looking through my drawers!'

'Well, you'll have to borrow one of mine then.'

'Absolutely not!' Gemma protested. 'I draw the line there.'

Iz smiled. 'You're cute, thinking I'm asking.'

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

So that morning, Gemma entered the Great Hall looking like a completely different person. She was wearing one of Iz's very short pleated school skirts with very thin tights that covered nothing and her tie was knotted perfectly instead of all crooked like it usually was. Her blonde hair was open and brushed rather than the usual sloppy ponytail, and she wore the slightest bit of make- up 'to look like she was trying but not really trying', to quote Iz.

Ted burst out laughing when he saw her.

'I- you- I can't!' he snickered uncontrollably.

'Shut up,' she grumbled, as they made their way to the Great Hall. Luke was already there, and he actually looked up from his book long enough to stare at her.

'You look really good,' he said matter-of-factly. 

'Thanks,' she muttered.

'Ooohhh, he's coming,' Iz whispered, nudging Gemma as Regulus and Mulciber and their little gang of assholes walked into the Great Hall. 'Remember, he knows you're hot, and you know you're hot.'

'Right, got it,' Gemma said wryly. 

'Hello, Izzy-poo,' Avery said, sitting down next to her. Luke spat out the milk he was drinking, and Ted buried his head in Gemma's shoulder to stop himself laughing too hard.

'Izzy- poo?' She asked disgustedly. All the while, she was trying to ignore Regulus who was staring at her, clearly shocked at her unusual appearance.

'Shut up,' Iz dismissed. 'Your all just jealous.' She turned back to Avery. 'Happy Valentines day, Blythe.'