2-F: Tayfun Len & Grom Energich (Slacker 3 & Go-getter 3)

Start from the beginning

And now I have been reborn in a village, as Tayfun Len.

Am I still Asaka Kushitani? Am I going to forget my past life?

I never realised how much I care about my past life until now.

I was just too lazy to even think about what my life meant to me, what the people who were with me meant to me.

I miss Wakaba, Kusama and my old family.

But am I going to be so lazy as to forget everything and live a lazy, empty life again?

The dread of not being able to trust myself makes me cry again.

Another baby, who has managed to learn how to crawl very early on, pats my head to comfort me.

His name is Grom Energich, but I am pretty sure that's Kunihiko.

We have learnt the language here mostly, but we still have trouble talking.

But soon, I will finally be able to confirm this boy's identity.

Go-getter 3:

Asaka, now named Tayfun Len, is crying again.

I crawl over to pat her head to comfort her.

Our mothers find this to be cute, and I am glad they are not questioning why Asaka is crying for seemingly no reason in the first place.

She probably misses her old life, and is crying about how she will never get it back.

I am the weird one for moving on so fast really.

I remember how we first met in kindergarten, she was the quiet kid.

She kept to herself and only spoke when talked to.

But she isn't aloof like Wakaba, you can actually hold a conversation with her.

She stood out for her lack of energy compared to everyone else.

Our parents brought us to school together and that's how we became childhood friends.

Though when we started going to school on our own, we stopped walking to school together as often.

Mainly because I woke up late and she woke up early.

Part of me was sad that we weren't walking to school together anymore, and that's when I started to have feelings for her.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder, I think that's how the saying goes anyway.

I know she is smart, but most people didn't know that since she only cared about passing marks.

She could have been at the top of the class like Kudo and Wakaba if she tried, I bet.

I myself kind of struggled with my grades, no matter how hard I tried.

So maybe that's why I admire her intelligence and want her by my side to help me?

I don't know.

Either way, I was too much of a coward to confess to her.

Even when we entered high school and ended up in the same class for the first time.

People thought we were a couple, maybe I could have done something with that but I was too scared of failure to even think of anything.

When it came time for a group project, we teamed up thanks to Asaka taking the initiative.

I feel kind of pathetic about that, and even more so since I didn't try anything to advance our relationship while we worked together.

Then we started hanging out with Kusama and Wakaba.

I was glad to be able to spend time with Asaka, but still, I didn't do anything.

I wasn't confident enough to ask her out.

I couldn't even ask her to join me and my other friends in playing D&D.

Now? I am called Grom Energich, a mercenary in the making.

Well, not really, I am still a baby, so I haven't actually started training.

We are supposed to grow up to fight ?????s, but I'd rather just go explore the world with Asaka.

Still, the training can't hurt, it will certainly help us be better Adventurers.

More importantly, as soon as I confirm who Tayfun Len is, I will confess to Asaka.