°*• Chapter 25 •*°

Start from the beginning

"Let's forget about that for now, Tae about the rule?" Soobin shook his head as he pocketed the dice again.

"Right well... it says here that if we casted the spell, we can actually set how long it will take for the spell to last like a timer. And I think this weird clock drawing is the tool? Its complicated!" Taehyun said with frustration they've never seen the younger displayed before.

"Uh you don't have to force yourself to understand Tyunnie." Yeonjun chuckled and picked the book from Taehyun.

"So... it says that if the timer was set, the previous us will simply vanish." Yeonjun read, his brows scrunched in concentration to understand what's written. Beomgyu was now giving Taehyun water to relax his brain.

"Ok... what if the timer was not set?" Soobin asked as he went next to Yeonjun to look over the book.

"Uh... let's see, uhm..." Yeonjun read through with Soobin while the other three waited.

"Hyuka, look over this guy." Beomgyu told the younger and got up to help the older guys before Taehyun could protest that he didn't need looking after.

"Let me see..." he grabbed the book from the two and looked over it himself.

"So if the timer was neglected, it could potentially cause a catastrophic event." He read.

"WHAT?!" Beomgyu exclaimed together with younger ones on the floor who are now on their feet grabbing the book from Beomgyu.

"What catastrophic event?" Taehyun said as he Hueningkai looked through.

Beomgyu shrugged just as two hands held both his shoulders. He turned to see the two older members looking at him making him smile awkwardly. He just realized that the two didn't want to say it out loud.

"Nothing... its not indicated what exactly will happen." Taehyun sighed.

"Well I'm sure the dice won't put us in that much trouble right?" Yeonjun assured despite being unsure.

"Uh yeah hyung's right, why don't we practice instead and think about this later." Soobin offered and Beomgyu nodded in agreement looking at the younger ones.

"Are you sure about this hyung? What if-"

"Don't worry Hyuka, we'll just have to remember the time we came to the practice room and do a stake out." Soobin assured.

"A stake out?" Taehyun wasn't very convinced of the plan, they suddenly now pose as a danger themselves.

"Yeah we'll slip away just before the previous us came to-"

Right when Beomgyu was speaking the door to their practice room opened making all of them froze on the spot as they heard voices similar to theirs that the five of them exchanged looks.

"We're dead." The five of them thought.

_______________°*•☆•*°_______________

Their classes the next day came in a blur as their thoughts awaited their last night practice together along with the incredible fact about the magic the book and the dice holds. They remember it clearly, how the 'previous them' had faded the moment they stepped into their practice room. They all fell to the floor afterwards in great relief before laughing together at how they all looked horrified for one second.

Their performance practice went smoothly and they were able to focus on the task at hand. They even managed to be satisfied on their vocal performance. It was such an ecstatic feeling for all of them, its as if they could feel their victory already.

"I'm so relieved we actually managed to finally shed some light on this performance. We did great, I feel proud." Yeonjun smiled, clearly glad of the good progress they made.

"See I knew that this magic is helping us somehow. We managed to put our heads together to work through our tough situation!" Beomgyu cheered and everyone nodded.

"Yeah ok but I do hope it doesn't leave us fumbling again like earlier. That was terrifying." Taehyun commented as he drank water.

"Yeah, you should've seen the look on your faces." Hueningkai teased pointing at the others with a towel he was using to wipe his sweat.

"Hey now, don't pretend it didn't get to you." Beomgyu countered him as the others laughed.

"I mean seriously, I didn't expect to see ourselves walk through the door. They looked exactly like us before they disappeared." Soobin said.

"Well we are them hyung." Taehyun chuckled.

"Hey guys, let's do a best performance we could!" Yeonjun called and they all yelled in agreement feeling pumped up.

"And by that I mean, we should definitely plan out to do minor practice during our free time and find a time to gather together to actually do the choreography too." Yeonjun added making most of them groan.

"Hey come on, hyung's right. We should totally find a way to get off class earlier than we should." Soobin suggested.

"Oh are we gonna cut class?!" Beomgyu excitedly asked.

"No definitely not." Yeonjun said seeing as the two youngest had widen their eyes in shock from the thought.

"We'll find a good excuse." Soobin grinned.

"Didn't think vice press is quite a schemer." Yeonjun chukled which Soobin merely shrugged.

"Alright, let's make this performance the best! Promise?" Yeonjun looked at everyone.

"Oh yeah! We will!" Beomgyu and Hueningkai cheered.

"Promise." Taehyun and Soobin said as the 5 of them put their hands together and threw it up with a cheery yell.

•●~*☆*~●•

A/N:

Good day my dear readers! Happy New Year! This will be my 1st update of the year... I'm resuming writing because Wattpad decided to be nice and returned my missing draft after half of it were lost which I ranted in the previous chapter 😅

The way I was so happy to find the two POV that disappeared came back... this never happened when I lost some write-ups before. 😊

Please enjoy the chapter and hope you look forward for the next.