I opened the door to their little room, and let Ashley in first. She sat down on the ground and let Mohini smell her hands so she knew she wasn't a threat to her or her cubs. I followed suit, sitting next to Ashley.

Soon enough, all 3 of the red pandas were crawling all over us, with Scarlett settled in Ashley's lap, and Teddy trying to play with his mum.

"There just so precious," Ashley whispered, gently petting Scarlett.

"Aren't they? I can wait for the rest of the guests we get here at the zoo to see them in their normal enclosure. They're definitely special and it would be an amazing experience for anyone to get to witness them," I said softly.

"Oh, definitely!" She sent a few photos of the cubs to Cait, and we left their little room.

We spent the rest of the afternoon doing little odds and ends at the zoo, helping feed animals, helping Dr Sam, and we even helped my mum with some of the paperwork and more business things for the zoo.

We also checked on Noosa, our rescue sea turtle. She's been doing so well, and she should be able to be released any day now. Dr Sam suggested that Ashley and I release her, with our families of course, on Croc One. Ashley and I agreed that it was an amazing idea, and I planned on bringing my camera with me of course, to get photos of Noosa swimming back into open waters once she was released. 

Ashley and I were now sitting in the break room, relaxing for a minute.

"Oh, that new Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas movie is out on Disney+, do you wanna watch it sometime?" She said, looking up from her phone.

"Sure, I saw a trailer for it the other day and it looks pretty funny," I replied before taking a drink from my water bottle.

Ashley's mum walked through the door. "Hey you two," she said, leaning against one of the counters.

"Hey, mum! How's your day been?" Ashley asked, setting her phone down.

She looked a lot like her mum, with the same coloured hair and eyes. However, Ashley got her tanned skin from her dad, and some of her facial features as well. I remember her dad joking once that she could go from looking like her dad to looking like her mum in a matter of seconds, just based on the face she would make or what angle you looked at her from.

"So far so good, but I'm going to need to stay a bit later. We've got a few rescue calls that are a bit of a drive, and Terri asked me to help out with some of them. I'm afraid I won't be home in time for dinner, Ash. But maybe you could go have dinner with Robert and his family? Terri already okayed it, if you wanted to," Her mum explained.

"Yeah, mum, that'll be fine. Robert and I were just talking about watching a movie on Disney+ sometime so maybe we could do that after dinner," Ashley suggested, looking at me.

"Yeah, we can definitely do that!" I replied enthusiastically.

"Sweet as. I'll let you know when I'm heading back home, though I'm not sure when that will be," Laurie said.

"Sounds good, mum. Be safe okay?" Ashley said.

"Of course, love," She replied before coming over towards Ashley and giving her a hug and a kiss on her forehead.

"Well, that worked out well," I said, chuckling.

"It sure did. I'm starting to think you have some sort of powers, Mr Irwin," Ashley joked, giggling and making me laugh too.

"Well, we can head over to my place now," I said, "Let's see my mum real quick first." Ashley nodded and we went to go find my mum.

She was in her office, organising some files.