...a brother of her.

Which brother?

That she wasn't ready to disclose, yet.

oOo

With Rhaenyra counting her days to go into labour, she isn't able to supervise the children as well she did before.

For Alicent Hightower it was an opportunity to snatch her daughter back, presented on a golden platter. The Queen took full vantage. Strategically cutting off most of Aemma's audience with her betrothed and assigning her to additional lesson with the Septa, alongside her sister.

Henceforth the challenge begun.

It was no secret that Aemma despised the womanly lessons of embroidery, knowledge of religion, niceties and platitudes given by the Septa. They were so boring, most of the time she would struggle to keep her eyes open. Occasionally she would even be found napping on her sister's shoulder while the latter worked on her embroidery. An upset Septa would shake the young princess up, but never succeed in getting her to pay the required attention. Once their lesson ended, Aemma was always the first one out of the door forcefully tagging along Helaena.

Next issue was the one between the sisters.

The Queen's idea to force her two daughters into spending more time together was scarcely proving to be successful. Over the years the sisters hardly built a connection, they barely interacted. Both lived in their own world. Helaena with her insects and nature, while Aemma always running around in search of herself. Helaena only enjoys Aemond's company. He is the only one patient enough to listen to her talk about the insects and more often than not her gibberish. In fact he is the only one who knows these insects by their names. Daeron steered clear of her due to his fear of insects and Aegon only looked her her in disdain. Those two preferred Aemma's company than put bare minimum effort to try and engage with Helaena.

Unknowingly the siblings have been divided into groups over the years. Helaena and Aemond consisting of one. Aegon, Daeron and Aemma consisting of the other. Then there was a third one, consisting of only Daeron and Aemma.

Alicent was delighted to find Aemma constantly seeking Daeron. Not quite sure how and since when the two began bonding so close, but recently the two were up to a lot of mischief. Playing a vital role in keeping the maids, servants and the guards of the Red Keep on their toes. To the Queen it mattered not what the two little ones were up to, what the Queen actually cared about was keeping her daughter away from Rhaenyra's bastards.

Alicent also spent a lot of her time with Aemma to compensate for time they were forced to stay apart. She specifically preferred having the little one for some lone mother daughter time, an opportunity Alicent used to dig out as much dirty details as she could on Rhaenyra. Not every word out of Aemma's mouth was fruitful. After all, she was a child who knows no better. But some details occasionally slipping out of those fluffy pink lips were worth bags of gold.

They formed an understanding by now. Aemma liked to talk and Alicent liked to listen.

"When are we to see the babe?"

The small voice shook Alicent out of her thoughts. Her head turned to find Aemma on the velvet padded settee, getting her hair brushed by Talya. While Alicent herself was near the window, standing atop a low stool getting measured by the seamstress for new attires.

"Soon as it is born sweetling."

"How come it isn't born yet? Hasn't sister been in labour for almost a day."

"Labour can go on for days Princess." Talya answered. Clipping the tresses she had carefully twirled from both sides at the back of the little girl's head.