Chapter One

Chapter One

A hazy light gleamed through the thick fog as a dragon emerged, she was well known in stories, almost every dragon knew her. Bloomri. She was famous for escaping Gem, the numi. Sadly Bloomri died of a sickness no dragon could cure. Bloomri was famous for escaping with her true love, Basalt. Though maybe they didn't seem happy together, or that's what dragons said, they had 4 Dragon-its, Trie, Cilr, Himt and lioys. No dragon knows where the descendants of their dragon-its are. But it could be any dragon.

"Winlo! You're sleeping again!" Winlo woke up, her eyes shooting open and looking around. Great... Now all my classmates are going to make fun of me for life.
"Winlo, since you rather sleep in my class than learn about IMPORTANT history, you can step out." Winlo's history teacher hissed, she grumbled and stepped out.
Winlo was not good at school, never listened, why would she?, always failed, like she would get a good grade and just didn't care.
All her life she's been made fun of because she looked like she did. Frill, three eyes, yes she's a Three-eyed flame dragon and mixed with more things, which she doesn't know.
Can't wait till mother screeches at me again her wings slam against the floor as she sighs.

School finally ended and she took off flapping her wings. Mother. Don't yell at me. "Winlo! Daughter," Her mother opened her wings in a kind gesture. Mmmm...seen this one before. Winlo hissed silently and stayed where she
was.
"Not going to give your mother a hug?"
"Don't feel like it" She growled, why would she ever believe her mother. "I knew it, you're a mistake of a
daughter" Her mother gritted her teeth and walked away in her cave moving the leaf curtain with her claws.
Winlo decided to go to her bed and fall asleep.

The next day Winlo got up and went to the kitchen, opened a pot and decided to make breakfast for her, not her mother. Winlo and her mother never got along, since she was born her mother hated her. Her father, she didn't know who he was. And her mother had rumors of killing her other eggs besides Winlo.
Winlo grabbed a chunk of fish and sliced off the scales and chopped up the meat and put it in a clay pot and placed it upon rocks and threw sticks in there and coughed up a flame.

"Winlo! Is this for me?" Her mother came out staring at her and grinning with all of her jagged teeth. "Nope." Winlo snickered and took a bite of her breakfast. Her mother stared at her. "Maybe once in your life help your mother." She snarled and grabbed Winlos' food and threw it on the ground. Winlo stared and frowned.
Great. Just what I wanted.

Winlo flew to school, waiting for another terrible day. She sat in her first class, the library, this was her favorite class. She opened her book made from leather and chopped up leaves and squished them into paper.
She rubbed the spine of the book and smelt the old smell and began to read.

"Bloomri, the three-eyed flame dragon did not have three eyes but six, rumors say that her mother and father loved her but I, the author say that they didn't, there's much proof why they didn't. Her mother had to run away from her dangerous father, why? Because he wanted to kill bloomri! After her mother ran away she gave bloomri to a dragon, not any random dragon but a CRIMINAL. Dinp, a Sunfire dragon, who should be in the cells of the great dungeon of Triop. But no, he was never found. He was accused of a committed murder of the Sunfire princess, which has rumors of that to be his daughter, which is just rumors, no dragon knows if its a pile of gold or coal. Continuing on the subject of Bloomri, she was raised by Dinp, trained. One of her missions was to find the dusty trail. Which may be the stupidest ideas Dinp had ever had because it's just legends." Winlo thought to herself Bloomri...a strong connection stirred between that thought and it seemed imprimatur to her. "WINLOOOO!" She jumped up and hissed, "Time for art!" Winlo packed up her book in her soft bag and walked out.

Winlo clicked her talons to art and grabbed a canvas, not listening to the teacher and grabbed some chopped up flowers and went to the inside stream, the stream flowed warmly she touched it with her talons and the urge to jump in a swim. She dunk the mashed up flowers in the warm water, it steamed up as it mixed into a pulp of red, she went back to her area and eyed every other dragon that walked past.
She heard some snotty Waterfall dragons talking bad about her and Winlo shot a glare at them.
"Got a problem Frinj? She snarled and he stared at her. "Why are you so weird, three eyes, bah. So gross." She let out a faint hissed.
"Your mother doesn't even love you." Winlo started to walk away as the two dragons surrounded her.
"I'm not done talking to you!"
He playfully pushed her into the other dragon, she hissed as her frill stood up in defense, the other dragon giggled.
"Stop-" She hissed, her spiky tail shot up, before she could threaten them the waterfall dragon grabbed her tail, she snarled and turned around and splashing the red pulp all over his dark green scales. The red pulp slowly slid off his face and he screeched in anger and charged for Winlos' throat. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" He snarled pricing into her hard scales, his companion ran away as the art teacher tan up trying to pry him off, Winlo froze and coughed trying to breathe, she snapped out of shock and grabbed his face and scratched his face, right into his eyes. "AHHHHHYEE!!!" He screamed in pain and scratched her underbelly, the art teacher threw him off and started screeching at the students to go to the stream and get water.
Winlo looked around as the students crowded around her as another teacher dragged her off.
Scarlet blood welled up more and dripped off her underbelly as the teacher dragged her to the principal's office. "Winlo." He spoke as he gave her a cloth to clean up blood. "Sit down and let's talk."

Hours later a dragon came in and spoke to the principal. He came back to Winlo with a grim expression. "You're expelled." Everything seemed to stop, or slow down. She didn't notice, she studied every inch of his scales and almost felt like crying but she held it in and gritted her teeth. "Okay."
She responded and he arched his eyes, "you aren't surprised?"
He growled "No I'm not because I knew you would believe that I was the one who did it not that stupid spitting VIPER!"
She scowled in anger, her frill standing on edge while the principal stared back in irritation. "You spilled the pulp and jumped on him." Smoke twirled out of her nose. "HE JUMPED ON ME FIRST!" She screeched and stood up, shaking his tail on the ground. "Winlo you need to calm-"

The red pulp slowly slid off his face and he screeched in anger and charged for Winlos' throat. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" He snarled pricing into her hard scales, his companion ran away as the art teacher tan up trying to pry him off, Winlo froze and coughed trying to breathe, she snapped out of shock and grabbed his face and scratched his face, right into his eyes. "AHHHHHYEE!!!" He screamed in pain and scratched her underbelly, the art teacher threw him off and started screeching at the students to go to the stream and get water.
Winlo looked around as the students crowded around her as another teacher dragged her off.
Scarlet blood welled up more and dripped off her underbelly as the teacher dragged her to the principal's office. "Winlo." He spoke as he gave her a cloth to clean up blood. "Sit down and let's talk."

Hours later a dragon came in and spoke to the principal. He came back to Winlo with a grim expression. "You're expelled." Everything seemed to stop, or slow down. She didn't notice, she studied every inch of his scales and almost felt like crying but she held it in and gritted her teeth. "Okay."
She responded and he arched his eyes, "you aren't surprised?"
He growled "No I'm not because I knew you would believe that I was the one who did it not that stupid spitting VIPER!"
She scowled in anger, her frill standing on edge while the principal stared back in irritation. "You spilled the pulp and jumped on him." Smoke twirled out of her nose. "HE JUMPED ON ME FIRST!" She screeched and stood up, shaking his tail on the ground. "Winlo you need to calm-"

Winlo stormed out of the room and glared at all the teachers, her wound stopped bleeding by now. She grabbed all her stuff from the art room and ran to the library.
 Might as well take some books.. She wasn't going to return them, she was going to keep them. 
Winlo grabbed any books about Bloomri and other interesting things.
 "Winlo?" A distant voice called as she turned around and realized she wasn't in the library anymore. Her pale blue scales shimmered in the bright sun as a figure stepped out, she regionized it from old sketches, Bloomri.
 "Winlo, kin." Kin? "Bloomri?" She murmured. "Yes, winlo. I am kin." Bloomri was taller than Winlo, her green and purple scales shone brightly and her frill stood magically. 

"You are my kin, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great and another great daughter." Bloomri laughed quietly. "Lots of greats…" Winlo smiled. I'm talking to my kin! Bloomri is my kin! 
"Why are you talking to me?" Winlo mumbled and Bloomri's face darkened. "Gem, you remember him right?" Bloomri spoke. "Of course I do, he died just after you, he killed himself."
 Winlo spoke. 
"No, Gem did not kill himself. He's still alive." Bloomri whispered as Winlo looked at her in disbelief. "That's impossible. He's dead! There's drawing of him-" 
Winlo panicked, how is he alive? He jumped off a cliff and died! "No. Some things lie Winlo." 

Winlo turned around and saw the library again, "some things lie Winlo." That made no sense. She walked out of school and flew home.
 Great, I'm going to be yelled at again. 
Winlo opened the door and threw her back in her room. "Winlo?" Her mother called, Winlo gritted her teeth and walked in her moms room. 
"Yes..?" She growled. 
Her mother stood up, her room was bare. "Why are you home so soon?!" Her mother hissed. "I could ask you why all your things are gone?" Winlo looked around the room, her frill standing up.
"I was leaving." Her mother snarled.

"Leaving?" Winlo blinked in surprise. "Yes I'm leaving, you act like you can take care of yourself, so I'm leaving!" Her mother pushed her aside carrying baskets woven out of 
Gibl grass, the strongest grass you can find around here.
"You can't do that!" Winlo bared her teeth, stopping her mother. 
"Oh? You want me to stay? It seems like you hate me, Winlo. I wish I burned your egg too." Her mother roared and slammed the door open and flew away.
Winlo watched, narrowing her eyes, realizing that she was alone now. Winlo clicked her talons on the hard surface and went into her room. She took my stuff too. She was too motionless to care. 

Winlo was alone.