we will burn in flames

Start from the beginning

"Remember kai-ah" Soobin said "confidence is key, you can't do shit if you're hesitant."

"What if I'm scared?" Kai asked in a small voice, he knew he wasn't the bravest, or nearly as strong as Soobin. But those things will come naturally as he'll practice, but confidence isn't something you can acquire, or learn. You just have it.

"If you're scared?" Soobin pondered. "Pretend you're not" he threw another jab.

"Pretend?"

Was it as easy as that?

"If you fake well enough, you can even fool your enemy"

Kai dodged another hit

"Do you ever fake it?"

Soobin stopped for a second, looking at Kai's sweaty appearance.

"Sometimes..." Soobin admitted, getting back to his position. "When the situation calls for it"

"How do I know if the situation calls for it?"

"You just know."

Kai closed and opened his palm, feeling the light tingling sensation at the tip of his fingers.

Beomgyu stared, in awe of the pretty blue flames. "Beautiful" he mumbled under his breath.

And he was right, the flames were breathtaking, flying in harmony according to Kai's hand movement, they died down, and blew up again at Kai's command.

However Kai was thrown off. Nobody even called his curse Beautiful. Let alone looked at him in admiration like they all did right now.

He lowered the level of the flames, down to an inch from fingers, he reached over, elevating his hand over Soobin's body, going from his torso to his forehead, cooling the temperature around him despite the fact that the air was already chilly and Kai was shivering without the thick blanket around him. That didn't matter though, his focus was on Soobin.

"Is it working?" Yeonjun was mesmerized by the scene in front of him. "Beom-ah.. can you get the thermometer from the trunk"

"On it!" The younger jogged to the car, returning with the dark blue device.

"Binnie, open your mouth for me please. Binnie? Soobin ah?!" Yeonjun felt a lump is his throat when he realized the younger was out cold.

He opened Soobin's Jaw softly, maneuvering the thermometer to the back of his tongue.

"39.9.." Yeonjun voice quivered "keep going Kai" Yeonjun demanded, stroking Soobin's sweaty hair back and forth. "Wake up baby... I'm sorry I yelled, please wake up..."

"It's not working.. can you turn it up?" Beomgyu asked Kai, who was already struggling keeping the flame at a consistent height.

"I don't think-"

"Kai please.." Yeonjun begged, looking at the unconscious boy in his arms.

"I'm really not-"

"Just do it!" Yeonjun snapped, looking at Kai with demanding eyes.

Kai swallowed his worries, he had let a little bit more of his flames out, tears brimming at the side of his eyes from the effort it took him to keep the flame still and calm, he could feel a slight dull pain in his under scar, asking him to go all out.

He shook the pain away, concentrating his whole body into making Soobin better.

"39.6, keep going!"

The sweat entered his eyes, he blinked away the saltiness. The pain in his eyes becoming more and more present.

He tried keeping a steady hand but a pang of pain made one of his flames crackle scarily close to Soobin's face.

"I can't.." he groaned, holding his hand with his free arm for extra support.

"Hyungs... maybe we shouldn't push him" Taehyun said, noticing Kai's pained expression .

"He's almost at 38 please Kai, don't stop" Yeonjun stared daggers at the boy.

Kai felt a rush of pain entering the front of his forehead. His hand slipped as a result, making contact with Soobin's skin.

"You're burning him!"

"You're burning her!"

"Monster...."

"You killed her"

Kai closed his eyes, trying to regain control but to no avail the flames just became stronger. And the pain in his eyes burned him till he thought his eyes were falling apart.

"KAI STOP!"

"Oppa stop..."

"Oppa you're hurting me"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He sobbed "no! Give me back my sister!"

Without a second thought, Kai opened his eyes, directing his hand straight to his own body.