Chapter 9~

Warning~~ I do NOT know any skateboarding terms whatsoever- is bad. so sad. So there may or may not be a lot of paratheses in this chapter. If you are a skateboarder/genius on these things, PLEASE tell me the correct terms! I appreciate it tysm!!

 "Pleaseeee?" I begged. 

     Mikey shook his head. "Nope! I'm surprising you with a gorgeous outfit for a gorgeous girl, and that's that. Now, I'll be back and then we'll get ready, yes?" he said half seriously. 

     I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. I mumbled a 'whatever' and went into the skate...thing... (I dunno what they call it 😭not the ramp but the room itself- living room? main room?? Rink?? hElp- Anyways-) As I walked in, I saw Leo skateboarding. When he saw me, he stopped and smirked. "I can't believe my little brother's all grown up! Has a girlfriend and everything!" he exclaimed dramatically. Just... not as quite dramatic as Donnie... 

     I scoffed. "At least he could get someone- unlike someone I know," I teased. 

     He looked me dead in the eye. "Are you sure you're still allowed in here?" he smirked. I frowned.

     "That explosion had nothing to do with me." I hissed. 

     Leon just smiled. "Whatever you say, Mrs. Mikey," he replied, turning the opposite way. After a minute or two of me just standing against the wall, he said "Well? Grab a board, no one's stopping you," 

     I chuckled out of pure embarrassment. "Of course!" I choked. Leo grinned and continued to do epic skateboard thingies. I climbed up the ramp epically. As I stood up, Leo came up somewhat bored. "Yea so... I know I've been here awhile and all... but like- HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT DO NON-CHALANTLY?!" I blurted. Oh no. 

     Leo chuckled. "Still can't skateboard L/n?" 

     "You're really annoying, you know that?" 

     "But you love me~" 

     I grumbled something very offensive and went up the ramp. Hesitantly, I edged forward. "You aren't ready for that you know," Leo shouted from below. "You're gonna hurt yourself!" he added. I glared at him.

     "Screw you, I know what I'm doing!" I shouted back.

     He rolled his eyes. "If you get hurt Mikey's going to kill me!" I scoffed. I came down. He sighed. "Good... Now how about we-" I walked past him and into my room. I grabbed my wireless headphones and connected them to my phone. 

                                                              ♪Pop your skull and your tires

                                             ♪I want your feeling and everything in your fiber

                                                          ♪Munchin', popping on bubblegum

     I came back into the room and coldly walked past Leon once again up the ramp again. I could hear he was shouting, but I could not hear his words. I listened closely to the lyrics and closed my mind off from any worries. Without thinking, I did it. I pushed off and successfully failed. 

     At first, I flew. I was gliding, air flying past me. But once I got too low I lost contact with the board and fell backward. My headphones fell off, and I skidded up, then down the ramp. I fell on my head first."Ah- shit! Okay... that really freaking hurt..." I grumbled.

     Leo ran up to me. "Language!" I groaned, sitting up and rubbing my head. "Sorry- are you okay? Dang it, y/n why'd you do that!" he semi-shouted at me. I just sat there, not saying or doing anything. I held up my composure, careful not to spill a single tear. "Y/n, are you okay?" Leo repeated. I nodded slowly. He came closer, trying to check for injuries. Well, serious ones that is, it'd be a miracle to not get hurt from a fall like that. 

     I jerked away and got up. I started for my room, all while looking down. "Y/n!" Leo called out. I ignored him and continued. 

     I fell onto my bed and hugged my pillow. I took a shaky breath, my head throbbing. I patted around me, looking for my headphones. Then I realized, I had forgotten them at the (damn it what's that word...) I cursed at myself. I pulled the covers up over me and just laid there. 

     It had been around 15 minutes maybe when there was a knock. I didn't say anything, but I still heard the door open. "Hey, my angel, I heard what happened." Mikey walked towards me and sat on the bed. "Can I see?" he asked gently. Still refusing to talk, I w just nodded and slowly sat up. "Doctoring is kinda Donnie's thing but I'm going to try, okay?" I smiled slightly  and nodded again. 

     "Where does it hurt most?" He asked, clearly unsure of what to do first. 

     I light-heartedly laughed. "Everywhere?" Mikey frowned.

     He scooted closer. "Nothing's broken, right? Can you twist your wrists or walk around?" I shrugged, and a single tear drop fell from my cheek. "Oh," I wiped it away quickly and looked down at my right knee. "Do you want me to get you ice, sweetheart?" He asked gently. I shook my head quickly. "You sure?" I hummed a 'mhm', daring myself to let another tear fall. Sure, I was in probably the most pain I've before, but it was nothing worth crying about. I don't cry often, so why now? Why now that I have someone to help prevent all that?

     I wanted to ask him a simple question. But for some reason I felt as if doing so would be burdensome. I tried pushing pushing myself to make that little request, but the words never formed. I dug my nails into my other hand, holding back the salty droplets from escaping. I heard Mikey shuffling to be even closer to me. I didn't realize what he was doing until he did it. He pulled me into a gentle hug. My eyes widened at his careful touch. I winced in pain for a short a minute before I relaxed and hugged him back. I squeezed his as tightly as my sore arms would allow me to and snuggled my face into the crevice of his neck, still holding back the tears threatening to spill. But that was it. That's what did it, such a simple act of affection and love popped that thin bubble waiting to let the water run down my face. My sobs were muffled, and trying to stop them made it even worse. Mikey rubbed my back a little, then started playing with the ends of my hair. "Shh...it's okay. Your safe. Out of harms way and in my arms. Mind taking a deep breath for me?" He muttered into my ear gently. I shook my head vigorously. "Okay. That's okay, just stay here," he pulled my up onto his lap to deepen the longest hug the lair has ever seen. 

     My grip around his shell loosened, and my arms fell into my lap. Mikey started cradling me in hi arms, which seemed to work. My sobs lessened and few tears fell at a time. "I'm sorry, do you- never mind. I'm sorry." I managed.

     Mikey rested his head on mine. "You have not one thing to apologize for, my angel, and yes, I'll get your ice," he told me smiling. I wiped away the left over tears on my face as Mikey took me off him and back onto my bed. I thanked him before he left the room. He smiled. "Anything for you," I smiled back and laid down and nuzzled under the covers.

A/n: haha you thought there'd be something romantic... I am so sorry it took me this long to post chapter nine! I didn't expect this to happen.. and this is turned into a filler chapter anyways. Again so sorry, I will try to post more often but after this gap, can't really promise anything anymore... I have a big project due soon so yea, I'll work on 10 this weekend. Peace out loves, have a beautiful day and thank you so much for 100 reads! <33

-1330 words