Scott gasped when Jimmy stepped inside the room, looking like he was going to cry. "Jimmy-"

"I brought chocolate and a milkshake," the blonde said. He walked over and handed the items to Scott, who took them happily. "How are you feeling?" He sat on the edge of the bed.

Scott sighed. "I mean, I'm not shivering anymore," he said. "They bandaged up my hands and feet so they could heal."

Jimmy hummed. "Does it hurt?"

"Not so much anymore," Scott replied. He set the milkshake and chocolate on the tray next to his bed. "This fucking sucks." He groaned when there was a knock at the door, the nurse on the other side waiting just a moment before opening the door.

"Toasties and tomato soup for Scott," the nurse said, holding up a tray with food.

Scott scowled. "I said I'm not hungry."

The nurse sighed and stepped inside the room, closing the door behind her. "You haven't had anything to eat since you got here," she said softly. "Please have something."

"Not hungry," Scott said simply, and he crossed his arms and looked away to show his stubbornness.

"You'll be put on a feeding tube if you continue to refuse to eat," she warned. "They're not very comfortable, so I suggest you eat something."

Scott shook his head. "Not hungry."

The nurse sighed. "Fine," she surrendered. "But I'll leave this with you in case if you change your mind." She set the food onto Scott's tray and left the room.

Jimmy shifted awkwardly. "I... I think you should probably eat something," he murmured, not sure if Scott would even hear him over the heart rate monitor.

Scott let out a loud scoff. "Yeah?" he said. "And what's the point of doing that? Not like I have anywhere to go once I get out of here..."

Right, his parents were arrested... "Uh, well..." Jesus, what do I say? We don't have room at home for Scott now that Grian's staying with us. "I mean, what about your friends?"

Scott looked up at Jimmy, giving him an expression that almost called him dumb. "I don't have friends, Jimmy," he said.

"Oh..."

"There's just no reason for me to be here anymore," Scott sighed.

Jimmy frowned. "Scott, I know you're having a tough time, but you shouldn't think like that," he scolded.

The loud laugh that Scott let out was anything except for happy. "Oh, please! Because you of all peopld would understand. Yeah fucking right." He rolled his eyes. "Never in a million years will you understand how I feel."

"What do you mean?"

Scott looked up. "Your life is perfect, Jimmy," he said, tears welling in his eyes. "You are perfect. You're so pretty" - Jimmy didn't miss the way Scott's eyes softened as he spoke - "and you never care about what other people think of you. You've always had a loving family... You have a dad who accepts you, who doesn't try to 'fix' you by raping you or making you watch someone else be raped. You have a sister that you've never had to worry about attempting suicide every time she was by herself. God, and for fuck's sake, you have your sister. You have a roof over your head, a warm bed to sleep in every night, a shower to use whenever the hell you want, good food that you can eat as much as you want of... And your family isn't fucking ashamed of you for acting 'girly' and being gay. You have friends who actually give two shits about you, even if they make fun of you half the time-" Scott let out a soft sob. "I've never had a single one of those things before."