2-14: Battle on the Fire Sea (Spider 46)

Start from the beginning

Karada: Nai wa! Then what do we do?!

We have to thin out their numbers somehow, but we are stuck on the defensive dealing with the fireballs.

Majikku: I got just the thing! [Poison Magic LV4: Poison Mist]!

A fog of poisonous air fills the entire area.

The Poison is weak, but it will still whittle down the enemy overtime, especially since our enemies can't avoid breathing in the mist and thus the Internal Poison damage, now this is a war of attrition.

Let's get moving, Karada!

Karada: Right! Right! Right!

The island we are on is a lot bigger than most of the others, so there is some space for us to run on.

However, some lavahorses come onto it as well to block our path.

Karada: "Out of my way, small fries!"

Majikku intercepts more fireballs while Karada charges at the lavahorses with our scythes.

Karada swings the scythes to the side, killing two lavahorses, then swings them back to the front, killing two more.

Big one incoming from your 6!

Majikku: Jump and surf the explosion!

Another giant fireball from the Fire Wyrm hits where we were moments ago.

Karada: "Ouch! And hot!"

The explosion knocks us onto the ceiling.

Karada: Ha ha! Perfect landing! Still really hurts though.

And We lost a decent chunk of our HP.

One of the dragon eels prepares to shoot a big fireball at us.

Continue dodging, Karada!

Majikku: Better idea! Make a giant ball of [Deadly Spider Venom]! Have it collide with the fireball!

So Karada did, the giant ball of Poison drops and collides with the fireball before continuing running.

The giant ball of venom bursts and scatters Poison everywhere like rain.

The Monsters frantically scramble to avoid the [Poison] rain.

But between the [Poison Mist] and [Deadly Spider Venom] rain, more and more lavahorses are going down.

The Fire Wyrm and dragon eels are also hesitating to shoot at us now, probably to avoid creating another Poison storm.

Karada: Well well well, how the turn tables.

We are about to run out of SP!

But my warning came too late.

Karada: Gasp! Shit! Not now! Nai wa!

The unexpected Exhaustion stops us dead in our tracks and a dragon eel shoots at us.

Majikku can't completely stop the fireball with our projectiles and we get hit.

Karada: "Ah! It burns! It really hurts!"

We fall and luckily for us, there is an island directly below us.

Even luckier, we level up while falling, restoring our HP, MP, SP and EP.

Karada: Um, okay, that timing is a little too perfect, so much so it feels like plot armour.

Majikku: That means we got lucky again! I don't like that at all!

Let's just be grateful for it and the fact we got hit by the dragon eel and not the Fire Wyrm.

Just then, a dragon eel charges at us while covering itself in flames.

Desperate time calls for desperate measures!

Karada: Right! "Think you can take me?! Behave!"

We activate [Rot Attack] in one of our scythes, ignoring the pain, we dodge to the side while slashing the dragon eel.

We slice through the dragon eel's scales without issue, it's scary how powerful [Rot Attack] really is.

As expected, we lost the scythe from the recoil, but we levelled up twice and got it back immediately.

Pieces of the cut dragon eel flew into the magma while the rest crumbled to dust upon impact with the ground.

At the same time, all of the lavahorses are killed by the Poison, giving us another level up and a new Title called [Wyrm Slayer] which-

Majikku: Check it out later! We should be free to use Evil Eyes now!

Yes sorry, I am activating the two Evil Eyes in four eyes each for the four targets.

Immediately, the Fire Wyrm and the dragon eels start displaying their discomfort.

The dragon eels want to run, but under the Fire Wyrm's orders, they launch a final desperation attack.

Two dragon eels charge at us from both sides while shooting fireballs.

The third one prepares a [Fire Breath].

Majikku: Leave the third one and the Fire Wyrm to me!

The first two dragon eels reach us and pincer attack us, but we simply dodge by leaping onto the air.

At the same time, Majikku casts [Heresy Magic LV5: Hypnosis] on the third eel, commanding it to shoot the [Fire Breath] at the Fire Wyrm instead of us.

More specifically, Majikku wanted to obstruct the Fire Wyrm's line of sight, but it already launched its fireball at us before it was blinded by the fire.

The [Flameball Breath] homes in on us in midair.

Majikku: Shit! I was too late!

Karada: I knew I couldn't trust you!

Use a Shock Attribute thread to knock ourselves out of the way!

Karada: Okay! Oww!

Without hesitation, Karada did just that, using the explosion-like shock to launch us out of the way of the fireball.

This trick costs HP just like any damage boosting tech so we can't use it willy nilly.

We then land on the ceiling with another thread.

The three dragon eels have fallen prey to the Paralysis now, only the Fire Wyrm is left standing.

The Fire Wyrm covers itself in flames using [Fire Dragon LV2: Fire Cloak] and charges at us in a last ditch effort to kill us.

Majikku: I don't think so, take this! [Poison Magic LV7: Paralysis Shot]s!

As soon as one of Majikku's barrage of attacks connects through the armour of flames, the Fire Wyrm is paralysed, and thanks to [Paralysing Evil Eye], we can keep it paralysed despite [Paralysis Shot]'s usual drawback of its effect wearing off quickly.

And with that, we win the battle on the fire sea.