2-13: The Calm before the Fire Storm (Spider 45)

Start from the beginning

A really good Skill actually.

That and Majikku has been mainly training up [Shadow Magic], so [Poison Magic] isn't really that strong yet I think.

Karada: Didn't I tell you to pick up your slack, Majikku?

Majikku: You're so annoying, y'know that?

Let's not fight, we are in this together, remember?

Karada: But I'm clearly the MVP!

Majikku: Just you wait...

Huh, did you say something Majikku? I barely heard you.

Majikku: No I didn't, you must have imagined it.

Really? I must be getting tired then, I guess.

We dragged the paralysed dragon eel onto our island and killed it with [Deadly Spider Venom].

We jumped from LV6 to 8 from the dragon eel alone.

This much Experience from such an easy fight?

Karada: Told you we are super strong now!

Majikku: Even more once you understand how strong Magic is!

Karada: Yeah right, you're just jealous of me and my Stats.

You mean our Stats? Not intended to be a communism joke.

But on a serious note, the dragon eel is the strongest Monster around here.

If it doesn't cost us any trouble, then we don't really have to worry about anything the Middle Stratum has to throw at us at this point.

Karada: So we've finally done it! We are strong enough to mess around!

Majikku: Agree to disagree.

Karada: You are no fun.

After we ate the dragon eel, during which we didn't black out so we actually got to enjoy the taste, we casually made our way across the magma lake.

The dragon eel was delicious, but catfish is still our favourite.

No other Monsters attacked us during our trip.

Majikku got us two new Skills called [Magic Warfare] and [Mana Conferment] by cycling Mana through our body.

They are just like [Mental Warfare] and [Energy Conferment], but they use MP instead of SP.

As for Evil Eyes, we haven't picked anymore up even though we have enough for another one.

None of the other 100-point Evil Eyes are good for us, so we are better off saving up Skill Points for better Skills and better Evil Eyes.

Karada: Come on! Someone come out so I can kill you!

Majikku: Why would you complain about peace? We spent so long trying to survive hell, y'know?

Karada: But I want my Experience and food! And catfish!

Majikku: As if those cowards would ever come to us now.

Karada and Majikku are arguing again.

Those two are supposed to be copies of me, right?

So how did they turn out so differently from me?

Karada is a musclehead that's full of herself, constantly eager and roaring to go, and also likes annoying Majikku.

Majikku is the serious, and kind of grumpy one, stepping in for me when I fall short, and doesn't like Karada for obvious reasons.

And I am the middle man, and I feel like I don't have a personality compared to them.

Did I lose my personality to them?

Makes me feel redundant.

Karada: Yes, you are!

Eh!? You heard that!?

Majikku: Yeah, you never once tried to keep your thoughts to yourself until now and you failed, but at least you're clearly not being as dumb as Karada.

Karada: You're pretty useless too, y'know? I am literally carrying the team by controlling the body!

Just wait till we get into a real fight, then you will know how useful I am!

Majikku: Me too!

Karada: Ha! I will believe it when I see it!

Alert!

Karada: "Eek! Don't scare me like that!"

Majikku: What is it? How bad is it?

Something twice as long as a dragon eel and stronger than one is approaching us!

Battle stations everyone!

Karada: Eh!? Shouldn't we just run?!

Majikku: We don't have good footing in the middle of the magma lake.

We can't, the other Monsters are positioning themselves to block our escape!

Karada: Seriously!? Nai wa!

Majikku: Stop panicking and focus, you idiot!

The Monster reveals itself by rising out of the magma, it's a proper Fire Wyrm.

Majikku: Damn it Karada! You jinxed us by constantly boasting about being super strong!

Karada: I'm sorry! Please forgive me!

It has the [Wyrm Scale] Skill at a high Level too, so Magic is even less effective against it.

Karada: So Majikku is useless to us?! Nai wa!

Majikku: I am so going to smack you once I get my own body.

Stop fighting! It also has the [Cooperation] and [Leadership] Skills, it's commanding an army of lavahorses!

Karada: Are you saying I gotta fight an army of them?! I don't stand a chance! Nai wa!

Majikku: So much for being the MVP.

Enough infighting! This is our first real test as a team!

Let's do this!