Silently thanking Merlin himself for Professor R.J. Lupin, Rebecca was clambering out of her seat with her bag already swung over her shoulder. Almost within a blink of the eye, she was falling into step with Adrienne and both girls were leaving the classroom alongside a hoard of others. Fred eyed their disappearing figures in confusion, momentarily, before his gaze was directed to the oncoming shadow of his dear twin brother – to which he smiled genuinely at.

"You really couldn't have just let them sit together?" George asked as soon as he reached his brother, eyebrows furrowed slightly in a way that reminded Fred way too much of their mum.

"I sat first," He immediately protested with a frown, standing from his seat with his backpack in grasp, "and even then, maybe if she had been polite and actually asked me to move – I might've even considered it."

"Might've considered it," The younger twin repeated quietly, folding his arms over his chest as he followed his brother out of the classroom, "don't be a twat, Fred."

"Why does it even matter to you, George?" Fred sighed in exasperation, rolling his eyes to himself as they walked side by side towards their next period of torture, "it's not like you know her personally or are even considered friends."

"Because you're just being mean to be mean, and they haven't done anything to you or any of us to warrant it," George insisted with a deep frown, grasping his brother's arm to stop him in his tracks, "can't you just be civil? To both her and her friends? You've taken this all outta hand, Freddie," At the unimpressed look, he continued, "We've all moved passed it – Harry's probably forgotten it all by now, and he's who should've been the one angry, not you."

"Alright, Mum," Fred groaned aloud, running both hands down his face before looking to his brother, "you can stop your scolding, I'll be nice," He uttered mockingly.

"I'll look passed your childish tone this time," The younger twin hummed, finally cracking an appreciative smile, "thank you."

"Whatever."

*

The rest of their first day had gone by agonizingly slow, seemingly going on far longer than was considered natural. It had also seemed that taking about ten separate courses in the same year as OWL exams, was quite possibly one of the worst decisions Rebecca could've made. Seven mandatory classes, and three voluntary, she really had brought hell upon herself – not that she'd ever admit it should anyone ask. Honestly, the only reason she had chose to put academic hell upon herself was for the bragging rights. She wanted to feel accomplished, to be able to hold a mere flame to her older brother. Roan never had to do anything to gain their mother's approval, he was a Slytherin; he'd always be better than his sister.

And if the classes alone weren't enough trouble; the fact that she shared more than a select few classes with Gryffindor was the kicker. And while it was usually a great thing – she could be with Adrienne more than ever unlike in past years – it now also meant that she was stuck with the prying eyes of the Weasley twins from the back of the class to the back of her head. Thankfully, before they'd attend their final classes of the day, the trio of friends had sought some much needed refuge in the library, in their usual seats by the large glass windows that poured in bright yellow sunlight.

Rebecca had been grumbling quietly to herself, her mind involuntarily returning to the words of two particular members of the Weasley family. More so, what Ron had said just a few nights prior – 'she's just like her mother.' It left a horrible taste in her mouth every time it echoed in her head. She had gripped her quill tightly, pausing in her frantic scratching of yet another sentence to glance up at her two friends. Cedric was steady on keeping up with his work from his prior classes that same morning, Adrienne; happier in people watching and doodling in the margins of her vague notes. The two girls met eyes briefly, the blonde giving the black-haired Ravenclaw a timid look that she knew all too well. Adrienne only offered a sympathetic glance, knowing that her friend was still hung up on Ron Weasley's distasteful words.