2-2: A Forced Start (Spider 34)

Start from the beginning

I simply use my superior Speed to get on its back and use [Poison Enhancement]-boosted [Deadly Poison Attack] on my claws on it.

Oh yeah, did I mention [Poison Attack] maxed out and-Hot hot hot hot hot!

Why didn't I see that coming?! Mr Lavahorse was literally bathing in magma!

Luckily for me, the lavahorse died while I was distracted by the searing heat.

Then right after two more lavahorses show up and start attacking me!

I was worried they were like the revenge monkeys, swarming me while working together.

But it seems like they just happened to be nearby, and they are not working together well.

I mean, shooting at the same time at the same spot is kind of a waste.

Dodging is so easy I am actually getting bored here.

Maybe I can throw rocks at them like the revenge monkeys did with me?

Then while I was losing focus, I barely dodged the next fireballs.

I lost some HP from the slash damage.

Nevermind! I am dead if I get hit directly! Better focus on dodging 100%!

So I did, and waited patiently for them to run out of MP, come on land and kill them.

I lost a lot of HP from their body heat but thankfully, I got a level up to 6.

Side note, I have to wait a while for the lavahorses to cool down before I can eat them.

If that isn't bad enough, they taste gross and I feel like I am chewing on a tire.

Nai wa, this sucks.

It's been a while since I started my Middle Stratum playthrough, and it's been a pain in the ass.

Not every Monster makes landfall after running out of MP, which means I end up wasting time and energy dodging their attacks for nothing.

Some start on land and retreat into the magma when I have the advantage.

For the first time, I am complaining about them not being smooth-brained jerks that attack me no matter what.

But then again, I would feel bad about attacking Monsters that are nice and leave me alone.

As for sleep, it's uncomfortable, both because it's too hot and I can't cover myself in silk or hug a Kirby plushie because they will burn up.

It's like, no, literally sleeping without a blanket, I just don't feel safe without it.

I don't get to sleep very often either, since finding an ideal hiding place here is hard.

At least my [Exhaustion Resistance] is rising from my lack of sleep.

Heh...Nai wa...

Things are manageable for now, I guess.

But it's only a matter of time until I run into something too strong for me to survive against.

Can I even deal with it? I still don't have Magic because [Detection] is still too strong.

I really want to use Magic, it will make things so much easier.

With that said, [Poison Synthesis] is pretty much the closest thing I have to Magic.

I can avoid hurting myself with contact Fire damage by throwing balls of Poison on burning enemies instead.

I learnt that when fighting some red doggos that can set themselves on Fire, forcing me to think on my feet and come up with that solution.

Why didn't I come up with that sooner?

Inner Critic: Say it with me everyone, Hiiro is a dumbass bitch!

Shut the fuck up already, Inner Critic!

Speaking of dogs, no offence to dog lovers but I just don't like them so I don't feel guilty for killing them red doggos at all.

Why, you ask? It's a story from a long time ago.

Back in my elementary school days, I encountered a big dog on my way home from school.

It approached me and I got scared and ran for my life.

It chased me as it wasn't on a leash.

I then tripped and fell face first, which really hurted.

But I was more concerned about the dog catching up to me.

I got up in time just to find the dog right next to me.

I was so scared at that moment I thought I was gonna faint, and actually peed myself.

But it wasn't hostile, in fact it was concerned about my injuries.

Turns out it thought we were playing tag.

So I embarrassed and hurted myself as well as felt the fear of death over nothing.

Nai wa...

And that's why I don't like dogs, even though I eventually went on to take in a stray puppy in my middle school days which I called Fluffy.

But nevermind that, it's not like I actually cared about that silly little thing that ran into traffic on its own.