You shook your head, "oh no. I am far too excited I'm afraid. I'm going to be bouncing off the walls in there."

Halbrand smiled softly, "Good. Go on now. I'll knock when it's time."

With a quick goodbye you retreated into your room and shut the door behind you. You but your mail nervously, looking around the spacious room. How in the world were you going to life your time now. You supposed you could start with a bath.

You headed into your large bathroom and turned on a gold plaited faucet.

The warm and steaming water ran into the stone pool

The warm and steaming water ran into the stone pool. You watched as it filled and she'd the dress from your skin. The chill sent goosebumps on your flesh and you eagerly stepped in with an audible hum.

You soaked in the warmth for a while until you'd riced to actually wash. You looked over your soaps and found yourself wondering yet again what Halbrand might like. Going with something more floral you lathered it into your skin and into your hair. All too soon the bath was finished. After drying off and slipping on a long silk, backless gown that was both comfortable and breathable but also offered lots of movement. If things got bad you were going to have to be able to run.

 If things got bad you were going to have to be able to run

You tied your hair back in a half up half down look. You sincerely hoped that Halbrand liked what he saw. Deep down you knew that growing such feelings that you had for him was breaking one of your fathers rules. But like the other rules...you didn't care. You were going to start doing things because they made you happy. It was time you started doing something for yourself.

Stepping back into your chambers you reclined in the chaise, laid in front of the fireplace. For the next few hours you decided to spend time reading one of your favorite books and softly humming love songs to yourself.

***

You had been watching the clock on the edge of your seat when the time came. And a single knock sounded at your door.

You quietly opened the door, happy to see Halbrand there.

You eyed you for a moment, "You look...divine, y/n."