How Could He Do This

1 Year Later

I think back on that day, I think that he's forgot. I mean with the races at the end of school, now college, his studies, and work. I'm sure his stress takes over, but he still take his 'me' time visiting Haru and going to all of his tournaments. Sometimes he goes with my dad places, they have gotten pretty close and I'm grateful for that, but I feel kind of stupid and selfish thinking about this. He has a dream, I don't want to get in the way of that, I must hide these feelings and just put on my best smile for Makoto. We were eating dinner together in our apartment.

"[F/N] this is really good, your cooking is amazing as always."

"Thanks, oh yeah Makoto, how are your studies and how's Haru?"

"Both good, but I have to study hard to fulfill my dreams, but for Haru it seems to come so naturally for him."

He has a sad smile, "Makoto, you are doing what you love to do, to see smiling faces and to show everyone the joy of swimming. Believe in yourself and all will believe in you."

He blushes and smiles, "Thanks [F/N], Oh and before I forget your dad called, he set up a dinner this weekend and invited my family as well, so yeah I guess he just wants to get to know my family a little more."

"That sounds awesome,I can't wait." I smile as he hugs me and picks me up bridal style to sit me on our bed and he cuddles with me, we both are giggling as he kisses the back and side of my neck.

"Mako that tickles."

"You're adorable [F/N]"

I blush as I feel him poking my backside. "Makoto, what are- do- uh, do you need help with that?"
To my protest he turns away, "No, it's fine just sleep, it'll go away."

"It's okay Makoto, I can-"

"I SAID IT'S FINE!...Go to sleep [F/N]."

I was shocked, he has never raised his voice towards me, , it hurt a little.

"Oh, sorry Makoto, goodnight."

"Goodnight, I love you [F/N]."

.....I was too hurt to speak, it wasn't because of the rejection, it was the way he rejected me. A few tears fell down my cheeks as I curled up in a ball. About an hour later he fell asleep. I hear a buzz so I get up and it's Makoto's phone ringing. I look and I see that it's Haru so I answer.

"Hello?"

"Oh, [F/N], is Makoto there?"

"He's asleep, do you need something?"

"Not really, it's just that he has been acting strange, even with me, he hasn't come over in weeks."

I'm in shock, "But he said that he was with you a few days ago, it's been a regular thing."

"[F/N], he wasn't with me."

"Thanks Haru, I'll let him know that you called, Night."

"Night [F/N]."

I felt sick, my heart felt heavy. Not Makoto, he wouldn't....cheat on me. But why, is it because we haven't had sex yet, was that all he wanted, but we've been so happy up until now, was it all a lie, was I wrong about him, what am I to Makoto. I was confused so I pack up my things and head to see if I can stay at a friends.

MAKOTO'S POV
I wake up a little nerved, something wasn't right. I turn over to see no [F/N]. Huh usually I wake up first, I search the house to see that I am alone. I'm worried, did she leave a note. I look to see a note on the fridge. Thank goodness, I grab the note and begin to read, for a second I thou- wha- why-no No NO NO. I tear up punching the wall as I read the note.
'My dearest Makoto, I love you with all my heart. I thought that was enough, but I now know that it's not. I'm sorry that I was in your way, that was the last thing that I wanted. Since you were unhappy, you should of at least told me that you didn't love me, not cheat on me. Sorry that I know now, Haru told me that you weren't with him on the days you said that you were, I am leaving to see if I can stay at a friends while I try to figure something out, you remember Sosuke. Also you can just cancel the family dinner. But I'm sure you must have plans already with another girl. I'm sorry that I didn't 'put out', I know you knew how special it was to me. Now you don't have to have a girl on the side. Have a happy future Makoto. Goodbye.'