conection chapter 5 (Family

Start from the beginning

As they got in the door Toby saw a few cards and packages waiting for him . Rushing over to them he opened the first one he got his hands on. It was a little angry toy robot with boxing gloves on from Vick . He reached out for the second package and tore it open. two small gifts from Misty. A stuffed plush punk bear and a pendant with his name engraved in it . It also opened up and showed a picture of his Dads holding him the day he was born .Wich just leaves his Dads gifts .

V nealed down Next to Toby as he opened the next one . It was a red and black little Rally bolero jacket with samurai patches on the shoulders custom made to fit him . Finally there was only one tall box left . Johnny couldn't wait for him to open it . Toby tore into the box with gusto . Inside was a mini axe guitar just big enough he'd grow into it . Next came the cake . A small round birthday cake with his favourite character from a tv show on it . Captain virtue the digital detective.

V lit the candles as Johnny and him sang Toby happy birthday .  Blowing out the candles as he made a wish A giant grin appeared on Toby's face . V and Johnny sat on the couch with the little one and watched cartoons with him the rest of the night till his bedtime .

The next few days Johnny and V spent some quality time with their son. Johnny showing Toby how to handle his little axe and Toby showing off to his Dads the lessons Kerry taught him .

The little apartment was now becoming cramped with little Toby growing so fast . Johnny and V started looking for a 2 room apartment in night city . About a month went by when they finally find one .

On moving day
_______________________
As V and Johnny packed up the last of their little families belongings it became very emotional for the pair . Seeing the flat so empty. This was the place where the couple met for the first time .where they had Toby .this was the flat that Jackie helped V get .So many memories embedded here . And now it was all ending.

Johnny and Toby stood at the door waiting for V as he took one last look out of the window.

Johnny could see that V was emotional. He got an Idea. He told Toby to stand next to his Dad as He set up a camera then rushed to stand at Vs side . He picked up Toby and rested the boy on his arm as he held V by the waist . Toby looked back at the camera as the shutter went off . Perfect. They had gotten one last family photo in the flat .

Johnny told V to go ahead of him and take Toby to the car as he had one last thing to do . Rushing to the bathroom grabbing a sticky note and a pen.  Johnny Drew a heart with V + Johnny in it and stuck it to a photo of their little family they had taken a year prior. He wrote the date on the back and left it tucked away in a cubby hole under the bathroom sink .

Making their way to their new home . A corpo apartment in city centre . Since V and Johnny were getting preem jobs left and right they decided to splurge on a corpo apartment. A stable place to raise their son .

As they made it to their new home they saw how spacious it was. A wide sprawling window with a view, living space/work space with a tv on the wall and a desk with a computer ,small kitchen all open plan then on the left a door that led to the master bedroom with a private bathroom. And on the right 3 doors one that led to what is going to be Tobys room one that leads to the bathroom and the other leads to the armoury. The couple started unpacking going back and forth from the car to the apartment.

As the sun set they had gotten the last of the boxes in and were done for the night . They would start up again tomorrow. For now they just needed rest even Toby had tuckered himself out . As he fell asleep on the couch. V picked up his son and carried him to his new room , lay him on the bed and tucked him in for the night . then sluggishly dragged his tired body to his new room to find Johnny fast asleep  climbing into bed he spooned with Johnny finding comfort in the one thing that was familiar to him and fell asleep.