°"Oh, were you talking to me?"

She giggled to herself.

°"Sorry, I've never really been called 'madam' before, caught me off guard."

Where most people would have found the head tilt and giggle attractive, Monoma just... Couldn't, even if he tried.

°"It is quite alright, it's not every day those of high society visit places like this."

There was something in the girl's eyes, it was as if she was judging him on something, something Monoma wasn't so sure of.

°"I can imagine. So tell me, 'Mr High Society', what brings you down here?"

His brow furrowed, unsure if he liked how she was speaking. His father certainly wouldn't be pleased with her tone, but something about such a casual tone comforted him.

°"Well, I saw you wandering around, alone. So, I was wondering if you'd enjoy some company?"

The girl raised an eyebrow slightly, as if offended.

°"I'm not alone though, I have Dave."

Monoma couldn't think of a real response, so he just asked:

°"... Dave..?"

The girl nodded happily, taking the snake from her hat.

°"Dave! He's a Milk Snake! I don't know why I called him that, he just seemed like a Dave, you know?"

(Author here. Funny story, growing up I had a series of milk and corn snakes, and every time I would call it Dave. One was even a girl, that didn't matter to me, I was only eight. So I had four snakes in a row called Dave. XD)

Not even a confused question escaped the frazzled boy's lips. The girl held her snake, stroking it's head.

°"So, sorry. But I don't need company."

This shook Monoma back into the real world, causing him to sweat slightly.

°"B-But I promise, you'll enjoy my company!"

He was faltering, unable to keep his mask up. He felt dirty lying to her, he felt dirty trying to follow a mindset he wasn't sure he liked. But he couldn't disobey his father, his father's rage scared him.

It was almost as if she could see this. The girl leant in close, staring into his eyes. This caused the boy to crumple, pulling back and shutting his eyes tight.

°"Yeah, thought that was the case..."

She sighed, clearly knowing that Monoma was only putting up a front.

°"Look, kid... I don't know why you wanted to try so hard to pretend to be someone you're not... But if you wanna vent to someone, then I'll be more than happy to listen... You seem confused, so lemme help..."

The blonde boy was rather surprised to hear her offer, he was, in fact, in utter disbelief.

°"Y-You would... Listen..?"

The girl nodded, motioning for him to follow. After walking for a few minutes, finding a spot for them to rest at, Monoma Neito allowed himself to vent to the girl in front of him.

The more he spoke, the more disgusted she seemed to get. He feared that the feeling was aimed at him, but was utterly dumbfounded when she hugged him after his tale was finished.

°"You don't deserve to be treated like a doll... What you need is someone to talk some sense into your parents..."

°"B-But they won't listen... Th-They think that they're better th-than everyone else..."

The girl chuckled, ruffling his hair gently.

°"Don't worry, I can be a rather convincing person. The name's Orochi Sakura by the way."

---------------------------------------------------------

And true to her promise, Orochi Sakura spoke to the Monoma parents.

Well, spoke is a rather loose term for what Sakura did whilst she was there. The truth of the matter is she ended up scaring both parents half to death with the mention of what her father would end up doing to their souls after they passed.

Let's just say that Satan despises those that he discovers harm children.

With that newfound knowledge, they had begun to attempt to change their ways. It was slow, and painful (for them), but in the end became a much healthier environment for the only child of the Monoma household to grow up in.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was three months later, Monoma Neito (who was still rather uncomfortable, but slowly finding himself) was currently waiting for Sakura. She said that she had someone to introduce him to.

The boy looked up as he saw his saviour walking his way with a tall, green haired man. The man smiled, looking at Monoma.

°"So, this is the first human you've saved, Sakura?"

°"Yup! Izuku, meet Monoma Neito! Monoma, meet my brother."

After that meeting, Monoma would learn of the Garden and his role within. And he would make a promise.

Just like the kind girl who saved him from himself, he would become a hero to save othera who were in a dark place like him.