Chapter Eight

For ten days Aemond's pastime had been looking at the skies. His sister had joked that he would go blind in the other eye if she kept looking at the blue sky and the blazing sun of King's Landing and the Targaryen was afraid, his sister's words had an effect that made things happen.
Aemond paused for three hours of looking at the sky, just because he war completing his training with Ser Criston Cole. At the sound of a dragon, and he felt a jab in the arm as he quickly turned his face to the sky, it was Aegon, with Sunfyre.

"Watch." He ordered Criston and for a few hours he did, until he couldn't lift his sword any longer. His black robes clung with sweat as he crossed the castle, his hair lying straight up in a ponytail. Unusual custom for men, but his hair got in the way of his only working eye.

"Oh, you are here." Aemond quickly looked at the arm on his shoulder and then at its owner. The mighty Perzys in all his glory, with a grin. The Targaryen dodged his touch.
Before Aerglo could see it, his cheek was burning, Aemond had hit him with the palm of his hand. His smile quickly faded and his own hand landed on his cheek and Aerglo lunged for the prince.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He questioned, as he knocked him to the ground, Aemond felt the same pain in his cheek, but this time with clenched fists. The two boys turned to the ground, bruises forming with every punch and kick they landed. Neither had an advantage, if they did it would last a second before the other was on top.

Aerglo felt himself pulled, with some force. He glanced at Aemond, who was being pulled along as well. He noticed the execrable Criston Cole helping him to his feet. He felt blood in his mouth and used it to spit at Aemond. Which made the younger push Criston Cole as much as he could until finally he released him and landed another punch in Aerglo's face, this time the boy smiled.

"Aerglo Perzys you attacked the prince, son of the king." Criston Cole, pulled Aemond, who finally noticed the madness that the two had done and took into account Aerglo's bloody smile, a purple forming in his eye, a trail of blood resting in his forehead, he couldn't think how he was. And he was afraid what would happen "You two will have to present yourselves to the king." Aerglo was roughly pulled by the soldier who was holding him, Erryk Cargill, one of the twins of the royal guard, who had a certain affinity with the boy, no longer holding him so roughly but just leading him.

Regardless of the friendship between the two, Aerglo had forgotten Aemond's position and increasingly worried about his fate, it was punishable by death, but he was not to blame. From the first punch yes, but not from Aemond's sudden action.

He was guided through the corridors of the Red Keep, straight to the throne room. Aerglo fully take notice of all of the patterns, if he died, he wanted to memorize everything, his mouth and now fist actually cause a lot of problems.

They finally arrived, opening the doors to the throne room, which Aerglo noted that wasn't occupied by Viserys, now the one that rules the king through Viserys's disease was Otto Hightower sitting in the fucking throne, who for years hadn't sit someone not from dragon's blood. No longer fulfilling his role as hand of king, and acting as the only himself. Molted swords didn't go with green and never would. The throne looked like an ornament underneath it, and always next to an ornament is another, an Alicent Hightower puppet, the queen.

A line of commoners, stretching for at least 20 meters, asking the king's hand and warning them of problems and expected them to solve them. The open doors drew all eyes to them. Aemond limping and Aerglo with his arm trapped by Erryk.

"Leave." Ordered Alicent and as the commoners left she ran towards her son, wrapping him in her arms and a hateful look towards Aerglo.

"What happened here?" Otto questioned, rising from the throne towards the two boys, his daughter and the guards.

"Ser Aerglo Perzys, returned after ten days, after Aemond helped him and wanted to kill him. That's what happened." Alicent replied to her father, the false politeness spitting like venom in his face.

"We found the two fighting in the hallway near Aemond's quarters." Ser Erryk replied, finally letting go of Aerglo's arm.

"Do you dare to harm the prince?" Otto questioned, fuming. The two boys were quiet, Aemond's gaze down on his mother, who still hadn't let go of him.

"Ending the Targaryen line, is that what your family wants? Put another dragon on the throne? This is treason, this is death." Alicent raged, finally letting go of Aemond, who corrected his posture. Aerglo's problem was his arrogance.

"I don't even have a family, my queen. But I have dragons. How many do you have? How many would fight alongside someone who plays the king? I have ten cousins, your highness, all dragonriders and the loyalty of at least three-quarters of your royal guard, so I suggest you watch your words while the king's hand plays with his ornamented throne. You don't want a war with House Perzys, I guarantee you that." Aerglo squared his shoulders and uttered the words he hoped would save his life. He would die in glory if that happened.

"Kill him." Otto Hightower proclaimed and for the first time saw Alicent's face worried about something other than her son. Aerglo smiled, Criston Cole didn't move and neither did Ser Erryk. They had trained under the banner of House Perzys. Not a soldier in the throne room moved. For the first time, Aerglo sighed with relief. "I kill him myself."

Otto Hightower's honor was greater than a war, as long as he could climb the throne and dress up as a king. Aemond finally placed himself in front of Aerglo, holding his grandfather's sword holster.

"Ser Aerglo Perzys is my protégé, what harm happens to him, will have to happen to me. He will be treated with the same respect that someone in his household demands. He is a dragonrider, unlike anyone except me who is present. My father wouldn't let a war happen, because of a fight between boys, it already happened and you know it, mother. Dark times come and we need the house next to us." Aemond made a needle drop to the floor with his speech. For the prince to take someone as a ward was one of the highest honors, but even with a smile that feared to leave the elder's face, Aerglo hated being treated like someone in need of help.

"Well, if you don't need me anymore." Aerglo smiled, and turned towards the door, waiting for the guards to open it. "You may request a waiver of Aemond's request when you are with the king, your highness." At a command from Aemond, whose face mirrored Aerglo's bruises, the door was opened and quickly closed. Hearing ravings from inside the door, Aerglo released his untouchable pose and began limping towards his chambers. Clutching the stone he would carve for Aemond that day in his pocket and his heart ached, more than the slap.

A/N Just a small chapter, but I will be writing another asap